PG Music Home
Just an observation on my part since I see everything.

Since all the way back to 2016, and even earlier, whenever I loaded a song and muted the bass track so I could play my bass along with the song, if I opened a new song, the bass track remained muted regardless of how many songs I opened.

In 2021 version, the muted track reverts to unmuted if you open up another song.

I usually practice about 20 songs on the bass in a given night so now I have to mute the bass track each time I open up a new song.

Not a big deal but I am wondering what goes through a programmers head when they think that they need to change the behavior of a program after 5 years AND they think it is for the better.

The more I see these changes in programs due to the coders, the more I believe they are just frustrated politicians who never got elected, so they take it out on the end user. grin
This was explicitly mentioned in one of the early videos. If I recall it was a result of adding ability to mute tracks and save the mute as requested by users. Not sure if there is an option in setting.
I saw that in the video, too, and I thought the change was intentional but there was a checkbox to turn this off.
If I understand this correctly it sounds like something many of us have asked for for years! Saving these settings with the song.
Found it in Options, Preferences, Overrides

Make sure Mute and Solo is un-checked otherwise and song loaded afterward will change the mixer settings.
The setting is also available in the Settings tab of the Mixer. (just a little quicker to get to)
The settings also affects the mixer track Solo buttons in addition to the mixer track Mute buttons.
© PG Music Forums