PG Music Home
OK this is weird one and I’m sure it is me performing a Homer, “DOH!”

This is all BIAB 2021 (before someone asks):

64-BIT BIAB plays songs/files just fine: RT’s, MIDI, or mixture or RT’s and MIDI all play and generate audio. Reason I got here was I was looking at question by Cubanpete

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=628945#Post628945

I was going to respond with some troubleshooting hints/checks when I found out that I couldn't get any audio out of my 32-bit BIAB song/file using Kontakt 6. At first, I thought it was JUST Kontakt 6 in 32-bit BIAB and I thought I had found (part of?) Cubanpete’s issue until I realized everything in my 32-bit BIAB is not generating any audio.

Everything LOOKS like it is playing and generating audio: The RT VU levels are moving ditto MIDI tracks. The synths (e.g., TTS-1, Kontakt, Halion) show they are receiving MIDI data and also generating VU levels but NO AUDIO, doesn’t matter if using ASIO, MME or WAS. [checked both 44.1K or 48K when using ASIO into my Focusrite - which is flawless for all other uses, but also checked with my Fractal Audio AXE FX 3 USB Audio interface - same nothingness).

Note, 32-bit RealBand plays these same songs fine, the same songs that 32-bit BIAB looks like are playing but for which no audio is being generated via any method.

I Performed 32-bit BIAB Factory reset(s), tried previous update (803) and the current one (804), and have rebooted after each update and factory reset,…

So any ideas, suggestions, maybe others with the same issue?

Thanks
Larry
Using MME or WAS as replacement for ASIO worked on my version 32.
HI Larry

Using mme or was worked for me in the 32bit version.
See my other thread:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=628906#Post628906

Mike
Having that problem too. MME or WAS is not an option for me as I need to get the audio channel 3 on my ASIO device to record audio, can't do that unless I can use ASIO. AND I can't record audio in 64-bit without extreme latency with my ASIO driver. This latency was a problem in BiaB 2020 that I was never able to fix -- I tried everything tech support suggested to no avail. So I stayed with the 32-bit version of 2020 and everything worked fine. But now I can't do anything with 2021 as far as recording audio goes. Really disappointed at this point, I'm going to have to re-install 2020 to get anything done in the meantime. Good thing we get discounts on the early releases -- I guess this free beta testing is why...
Thanks for the reports. ASIO with 32-bit Band-in-a-Box is working again in build 807 (available soon).
Great, I'm waiting to see if that does clear my mystery up.

Larry

(Now I wait for the inevitable post)
Here is a link to build 807 - this should clear up the problem.
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2021_win_update_build807.exe

This patch is still in pre-release testing, however you could install the previous build if you do have any problems.
Andrew

I didn't do any extensive testing, actually all I did was install and verify that I NOW GET SOUND out of 32-bit BIAB (MME, ASIO, WAS) and verified 64-bit was still working (again no extensive checks)

Thanks
Larry
© PG Music Forums