PG Music Home
Posted By: JimA Record MIDI Problem - 12/17/20 11:44 PM
Anyone else running into this using BIAB 21 Build 809:

- click "Record MIDI

- First dialog box appears. Click "Record"

- Count in, then second dialog box appears immediately, 0 Melody notes recorded. OK - Keep Take, Take Again, Cancel Help buttons. Click "Take Again"...count in....try to record...VU meters indicate activity. Stop.

- Try "OK- Keep Take" and it just goes back and keeps trying to record over original take. No way to keep take and the only to stop the loop is cancel, in which case you get no recorded MIDI.

Wondering if this a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/17/20 11:59 PM
JimA,

Have you tried enabling "overdub underlying MIDI"?

Description: 2021 Band-in-a-Box Record MIDI window.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: JimA Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 12:03 AM
Not selectable because there is no underlying MIDI to start with. It goes right to the MIDI Record MIDI Finished dialog and then I'm stuck in a loop where if I try to Take Again and then Keep Take, it goes back to trying to record.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 10:01 AM
Hi Jim

I have just tried this and can confirm exactly the same results as you.
It don’t work!!! frown confused

Mike
Posted By: JimA Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 12:56 PM
Wondering if this is related to other MIDI problems in the mixer. Seems like there are a few cables crossed in whatever virtual patch bay sits underneath it.
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 03:56 PM
Thanks, this is fixed in build 811 which should be available soon.
Posted By: JimA Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 09:33 PM
Thanks. Do you know when the new build will be available? 2021 not really usable in current form.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Record MIDI Problem - 12/18/20 09:36 PM
Originally Posted By: JimA
Thanks. Do you know when the new build will be available? 2021 not really usable in current form.

At the rate that patches are being produced (I think 10 in 18 days), I would guess that the wait won't be very long at all.
© PG Music Forums