PG Music Home
Having an odd problem with the style called "_CHARGE" which is named "Charge 70's Funk"

The RealDrums on that style have a buzz sound every couple of bars when used in a song. Easiest to hear if you simply load the Demo song for the style _CHARGE and play it.

You don't hear it if you're in StylePicker and use the "Quick play pre-made demo" option. But when you add it to a song or the BIAB supplied Demo Song, you would hear it every few bars when you generate/play the song. Add it to any song and solo the drum track to hear it best.

I tried transposing the demo song up a few semitones to see if it was just too low a sound, but same issue. The buzz is evident whether playing thru speakers or earphones. I don't see it as an audio or computer performance issue as I do some fairly complex stuff in BIAB without problems. No other style has given me any similar problem.

Since I can't be sure it's not something related to my setup, would appreciate someone would try this style in a BIAB song and confirm if the buzz is there.

I'm hoping to use this particular style, so if there is a buzz, maybe someone can suggest a workaround.

I'm using BIAB 2021 with the most recent March update.
Posted By: bloos66 Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 03:26 AM
<edit> my apologies for the unhelpful comment previously - in summary, I was able to replicate the reported drum noise...

Posted By: Bernard Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 04:40 AM
First, the strange sound does not come from the instruments in style, but from the drums part...
Just mute the drums and the "extra" sound is gone...
But...
Changing the drums part (to my surprise!), loading another one does not solve the "problem". The noise is still there... Strange!
Bernard
Posted By: Bernard Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 04:56 AM
As first turnaround found, I have forced the drums "back" to midi and it works... Try it,
Bernard
Posted By: NOLAGuy Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 05:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Bernard
As first turnaround found, I have forced the drums "back" to midi and it works... Try it,
Bernard

Hmmm... interesting. I'll try that, although hope the overall drum sound with MIDI can be tweaked to be similar in sound to the realTracks.

Thanx for the tip!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 08:15 AM
Hi cfcboc,

When I find something like this...

1) I create a simple 16-bar song.

2) I keep on re-generating and playing through the song until I get the problem occurring.

3) When the problem occurs, I stop generating and freeze all the tracks.

4) I then send the song as an attachment to support@pgmusic.com with a note as to what bars they need to listen to to hear the problem.

Because the tracks are frozen, when PG Music generate the songfile, the audio problem will still be present.

It sounds like there is an issue with a particular section in the original drum audio that needs to be eliminated.

If you get a chance, I encourage you send a songfile to PG Music as it helps them identify the problem much quicker. Fixes then occur in one of the later updates.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 08:30 AM
In the meantime...

Try one of the other 5 variations for this style. The sound you are hearing may not be present in all these variations.

To see the different variations, it's necessary to enter into Realdrum Picker.

To do this...

1. Right-click on the name of drums in the mixer (#1 on the top image).

2. Select "Realdrums [in style...]" from the popup menu (#2, top image).

When you are in Realdrum Picker...

3. Filter the drum list by "soul". Type the work in the filter and click on "Update" (#1 in bottom image).

4. Select the Soul70sEV16... (#2, bottom image)

5. Test run the variations found on the right side of the window.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attached picture Realdrum Picker 2021 small.jpg
Attached picture variations in drums (small).jpg
Posted By: Bernard Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 12:03 PM
no change with any of the 6 variations, noise still there...

Actually, I have tried to substitute with other (real)drums that do not fit to the style and have the impression that the drums does not change at all.

The initial drums (soul 70 something) still plays on, although the new chosen by me is indicated as the new drums in the description above...
Bernard
Hi all,

There will be a fix in the next content update, but for now, there's a simple fix you can do:

1. Go to C:\bb\Drums\ElecClap[single]^ (**C:\bb may be substituted for wherever your BB install is located)
2. Delete the file ElecClap[single]^_110_style.bt1

Please let me know if that fixes the issue.

thanks,
Tobin
Posted By: Bernard Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/08/21 07:17 PM
yes, I think it does (solve the problem)...
It is late in Germany and I cannot play "full blast". but I think the "buzz" is gone...
Bernard
Posted By: NOLAGuy Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/09/21 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.

There will be a fix in the next content update, but for now, there's a simple fix you can do:

1. Go to C:\bb\Drums\ElecClap[single]^ (**C:\bb may be substituted for wherever your BB install is located)
2. Delete the file ElecClap[single]^_110_style.bt1

Please let me know if that fixes the issue.

Yes!! It does fix the problem!
And I believe I can just add or mix-in a different hand-clap into the style if I feel it helps the style for the song until the next content release is available.

Thank you for checking out the problem and providing a temporary workaround! Kudos to the PG Tech Support folks!!
Posted By: NOLAGuy Re: Problem with the RealStyle "_CHARGE" - 03/09/21 12:22 AM
NOEL96...

Noel... Thank you for the helpful info on troubleshooting the problem and your guide to using the RealDrum Picker. Very useful information.

Much appreciated!
© PG Music Forums