PG Music Home
Posted By: jimlucas Holds files - 12/21/09 10:58 PM
I just installed 2010, and am going through New Features Guide/Quickstart Tutorial. On page 13, in mentions Holds files that are a free upgrade. I can't find these files in the upgrades web pages for Band in a Box, nor in the web pages for REaltracks upgrades. What is the URL of the web page where I can find these files? Any other help would be appreciated: instructions, etc. regarding these files.

thanks....
Posted By: MartinB Re: Holds files - 12/21/09 11:12 PM
The Support section contains quite a bunch of patches for the program itself as well as updates for RealTracks and RealDrums. This snippet in the manual might just refer to this section. I could believe that the current shipping status contains all Hold files that are currently available. Quite a few RealTracks do no yet support Holds, though. I'd expect to see updates for such files as time passes by. Just watch the Support section and see what might show up.
Posted By: Rachael Re: Holds files - 12/21/09 11:19 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...true#Post252089
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Holds files - 12/21/09 11:55 PM
If you bought one of the upgrade paks that include all of the Real Tracks you should have the holds. You can find out by going to the directory where BIAB is installed, locating the Real Tracks folder, and checking in it to see if you have a Library\Holds folder. If you do, you probably have them already.
Good luck
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:04 AM
I can't find them on the Software Updates pages for either Band-in-a-Box/Windows or for Real Tracks.
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:05 AM
I bought an upgrade pack, and I've searched through my Band-in-a-Box folders and my Realtracks folders, and I can't find them.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:18 AM
Quote:

I can't find them on the Software Updates pages for either Band-in-a-Box/Windows or for Real Tracks.

Which likely means that there are currently no updates available other than those now shipped.
Posted By: Mac Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:18 AM
They should install automativally and sight unseen with an upgrade pak.

How to find out -- put a shot and a hold in a song with RealTracks.

If it works, you got the Shots and Holds okay.

--Mac
Posted By: MartinB Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:27 AM
Quote:

I bought an upgrade pack, and I've searched through my Band-in-a-Box folders and my Realtracks folders, and I can't find them.

Make sure you checked on your custom RealTracks directory. If in doubt perfom a system wide search for the directory -> ... RealTracks\library .
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:43 AM
I tried this, and I have shots but not holds. When I enter a hold, I still get a shot.
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 01:45 AM
I did this. I have no such folder or directory.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 02:07 AM
Maybe an issue for Support. You might try the live chat route.
Posted By: Mac Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 02:07 AM
Jim,

How did you receive your 2010 upgrade?

Electronic delivery?

Hard drive?

DVD?
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 02:56 AM
DVD
Posted By: Mac Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 02:54 PM
Search the DVDs for these two files:

realtracks_shots_holds_1.exe

realtracks_shots_holds_2.exe

If all else fails, you should contact PGMusic Sales directly about your problem, they are good people and will do whatever they can for you.

--Mac
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Holds files - 12/22/09 05:09 PM
Just putting a hold or shot on a RealTrack won't necessarily tell you if you have them - some RTs don't yet support them. There is a column in the Real Tracks selection dialog the will tell you which ones have them.
© PG Music Forums