PG Music Home
Posted By: Gonover What to buy? - 12/22/09 09:05 AM
Hi:

I am writing from Spain (sorry for my poor english).

I have tried Band in a Box 2008, with only 3 realtracks (saxo, axoustic guitar and pedal steel).

Finally, I have decided to buy my own Band in a Box. I have read I can buy the new Band in a Box 2010, but I have a doubt. What is the real diference of Ultrapak, Everything pak and Audiophilepak.

I want to make music with Band in a Box, and most important to me is the realtracks. I think that the three versions I said have the same realtracks....I must decide to buy Ultrapak....real?

Thanks!
Posted By: silvertones Re: What to buy? - 12/22/09 01:12 PM
The Ultrapak Plus has the programs, all Real Tracks and all Real Drums.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: What to buy? - 12/22/09 01:48 PM
This info is from the PG Music Store:

Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK with RealBand:

Learn More...Includes RealTracks Sets 1-82 (ALL!), RealDrums Sets 1-29 (ALL!), Styles Sets 0-77 (ALL!), Soloist Sets 1-11 & 16-20 and Melodist Sets 1-8. Available on disc or a portable USB Hard Drive!

Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK with RealBand:

Learn More...Includes RealTracks Sets 1-82 (ALL!), RealDrums Sets 1-29 (ALL!), Styles Sets 0-77 (ALL!), Soloist Sets 1-11 & 16-20, Melodist Sets 1-8, the Songs & Lessons PAK and the Video Tutorial PAK. Available on disc or a portable USB Hard Drive!

Band-in-a-Box Audiophile Edition with RealBand:

Learn More...Purchase the Band-in-a-Box Audiophile Edition with RealBand, and you'll receive a 1.5TB USB Hard Drive that includes ALL the WAV Files for RealTracks Sets 1-82, and RealDrums Sets 1-29 (ALL!), Styles Sets 0-77, Soloist Sets 1-13 & 16-20, Melodist Sets 1-8, The Band-in-a-Box Video Tutorial PAK, the Songs & Lessons PAK, and until December 31, 2009 the FREE BONUS 10-PAK!

The UltraPak gets you all of the Real Tracks currently offered, using compressed .WMA files. The audiophile version has the original, never-compressed .WAV versions of the same files. They take about 10 times the space, load (regenerate) somewhat faster, and sound, to some users, somewhat better, and are intended to be mixed in commercial projects.

If you could be more specific with your question, we could be more specific with the answers. Good luck with your purchase!
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: What to buy? - 12/23/09 04:40 AM
Hello Gonover,

The UltraPlusPAK and the EverythingPAK both have all the currently available RealTracks and RealDrums. Either one of these is an excellent deal, and would take your current count of 3 RealTracks, to close to 400 RealTracks instruments. The difference is that the EverythingPAK also has all of the add-ons listed here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/songsandlessonsPAK.htm

The AudioPhile is like an EverythingPAK, but it has all of the RealTracks audio files in their original uncompressed wave file format. This makes it much larger, and it is shipped on a 1.5 TB hard drive. The compressed files which we normally ship are very good quality, but some people prefer to have the never-compressed files.
© PG Music Forums