PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy MultiRiff generation in sections (2022) - 12/02/21 08:01 PM
I'm finding that if I generate a MultiRiff in sections (4 bars, 2 Bars at a time) as per the posted PGM video, the "accepted" takes are fine but you only get midi & notation for your last accepted section.
So, if you go all the way through say bars 1-6 with one "take" then add 7-8 to get the sound you like, only 7-8 will be notated (and have the midi used for notation).
Are others finding the same?
smile
Posted By: Beachboy Re: MultiRiff generation in sections (2022) - 12/02/21 09:42 PM
Just to clarify.
The generation works fine as far as creating the audio which can be seen in the audio window.
However, it seems all the midi generated is deleted by each subsequent generation.
So, finished work can be listened to but not used to "play-along/practice" with using the notation (other than last generated section)
I’ll check this later. That would be an important fix; many use the MIDI for education or for export to notation programs or synths.
Confirmed. I'll report it now. Good catch, Beachboy.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: MultiRiff generation in sections (2022) - 12/03/21 03:43 AM
Thanks Matt smile
Yes, we plan adding notation support for MultiRiffs in a free patch. I’d expect it within a week. As you mentioned, this doesn’t affect the audio, which is the main point of the multi riffs, but the notation is important for education and other purposes.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: MultiRiff generation in sections (2022) - 12/03/21 06:59 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Yes, we plan adding notation support for MultiRiffs in a free patch. I’d expect it within a week. As you mentioned, this doesn’t affect the audio, which is the main point of the multi riffs, but the notation is important for education and other purposes.

Excellent news about the coming patch for notation.
What a great new feature the 2022 MultiRiffs are.
© PG Music Forums