PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Real Tracks - 01/11/10 03:56 AM
Help. In BB 2010 when ever I use real tracks it plays all instruments for the first four bars and then everything quits except the drums for all other bars. I have to regenerate each instrument everytime I play the file.Playing a midi file works fine as all instruments play like they should. I am using XP and have 4 gigs of ram.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 04:02 AM
Hi Marty,

This is a known problem that occurs for some people and PGMusic are presently working on it. Below is a quote from one of Mac's recent posts regarding this problem.
Quote:

...try turning Fast Loading of RealTracks off. Others have reported that it fixes that. Some have reported that after they turned it off and then ran the program plus rebooted the machine, they could turn Fast Loading back on again and all is still well. But there have been some who didn't and while they can now hear the full track play, they can't enjoy the fast loading of realtracks yet...keep checking the program updates for that.

To turn off fast loading of Realtracks, go to Opt. >> Preferences >> Realtracks and remove the checkmark from "Fast generation of realtracks".

Noel
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 04:29 AM
It happened to me for the first time last night, but it was too late to investigate. It only seemed to happen using one particular style, (all Real Tracks) and then BIAB locked up and I had to CTRL/ALT/DEL to get it to stop. I'll play around with it again tonight and see if I can duplicate.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 11:12 AM
Okay, after checking mine it seems to be a one off. It only affects one song, in one style. The style is JBALADG Ballad w El guitar 085 (I'm playing at 95). While I'm waiting for the Real Tracks to load, I generally get an "Out of Memory" message. The song plays fine for 8 bars, but at the 9th bar everything stops except for the drums. I can't stop it without using CTRL/ALT/DEL and shutting it down (Band in a Box not responding). When I restart and go back to BIAB, the list of recently played songs, and recently played styles reverts back to yesterday. (no record of todays songs/styles)
However, I opened another song and attached the same style without any problems.
I tried turning off "speed up generation of Real tracks" and rebooting, but it made no difference.
No big deal - just thought I'd put it on record.
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 12:10 PM
Thanks guys. By turning off fastload does cure the problem. Hope a fix comes soon.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 05:28 PM
Marty, now that it's working, did you try turning fastload back on to see if it now works? Some people have found that it does.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Real Tracks - 01/11/10 08:11 PM
Hello Marty,

The update patch should fix that, without having to disable fast loading RealTracks.
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#292
© PG Music Forums