PG Music Home
Posted By: pwal bb2010 installation - 01/17/10 05:04 PM
Is it ok to remove my previous versions of bb and bb2009 then do a complete new instal of bb2010? I can't see the logic in having three different program folders on my PC. If I make full backup of the old folders before removing will the new instal work (or are there parts of old instal that need to be kept).
Appreciate any comments on this asap.
Posted By: Mac Re: bb2010 installation - 01/17/10 05:12 PM
Best way to do the BB upgrade is to simply install the new version right overtop of the old in the same bb folder.

That way, you retain any and all "addons" that may have been included with a previous version but aren't in the new one.

You also retain all of your personal songfiles, folders, personal settings, etc. when doing it this way.

And you don't have to sort through what to copy and all that.

I'd simply delete the new 2010 folder you installed and then do the above...

--Mac
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: bb2010 installation - 01/17/10 05:14 PM
I would recommend installing over the top of the latest version you have and removing the other folders that you don't want/need anymore. That way all of your settings and custom styles and songs will be there without having to install them manually. I've never lost a thing in doing it this way.
Good luck.

Hey, Mac, don't you ever sleep? There were only 3 reads when I typed in my response. You are quick on the keyboard my friend.
Posted By: pwal Re: bb2010 installation - 01/17/10 05:16 PM
OK Mac - thanks for the quick reply. Will do as you suggest.
© PG Music Forums