PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 08:50 AM
hello

Is there a way to regenerate single bars or sections of song?

scenario.
song and chords placed in bb and plays ok but i want to change just one chord in one bar.
i obviously have to regenerate so bb plays the changed chord.
how can i do this without the whole song regenerating?.
thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 09:53 AM
I think one single bar would be a problem, as most phrases (presuming you are using RealTracks) are more than one bar in length.

One thing to try is to open the BiaB song file in RealBand, highlight the specific bar and generate. It just may work. If so, freeze the track and save the song as a BiaB file (suggest using a different name than the original) and reopen in BiaB.

There are other ways including cutting and pasting using the audio mixer which are not so straight forward.

Others may know more.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 10:30 AM
As above.

You can try freezing tracks or moving them to the Utility Tracks and generate new tracks looking for an acceptable measure. Then mute/unmute various tracks, or edit Utility Tracks, to get what you want. Perhaps easier, generate many tracks and move them to a DAW for editing.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 12:04 PM
Thanks All.

probably faster to just regenerate whole track.

sometimes i just wanna mess around and change chords here and there. its too much of a kerfuffle to go into realband or my daw at this stage of messing with a song.
ill just have to stick with regenerating everytime.
thanks.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 12:35 PM
The new Multiriff window does technically work if you set it to generate for one bar. But as others stated it may sound musically better to re-generate for at least a few bars before and after the bar where you enter the new chord. If it is a background chording instrument it does not sound bad to my ears.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: regenerate one bar - 08/17/22 03:31 PM
Chantelle.
multi riff only allows me to regenerate one track at a time, its a bit time consuming when im just messing around sampling different chords hear and there.4 bars would be fine allowing for the longer phrases.
i just want regenerate all tracks if i change a chord in an existing song.

thanks for info.
© PG Music Forums