PG Music Home
And actually my first submission to any PG contest in a long while, but that's a different story wink

I thought I'd kick this off right away, since by a happy coincidence I already had this song 'in stock' so to speak. A quiet, minimalistic tune with a mellow campfire vibe to it that I hope you enjoy cool

Anyway, here come the formalities:

(1) a link to your song: A Glowing Afternoon
(2) the name of the style you used: BORRUM
(3) the category: MIDI

I deliberately went for an all-midi style because that's just so very rare around here these days, and we haven't had any new styles of that kind for such a long time. And as this is an 'all-midi' song, I've used quality plugins throughout for the best results. The rules stipulate that I don't need to list them, so I will just say that none are from PG's official set. If people are interested, just ask away smile

p.s. I've raised the bass up an octave and set it to a guitar instrument in order to effectively make bass & guitar come across like a single instrument, as well as changing patch on the strings track to accordion to match the accordion melody. I didn't change a single note of any of the backup instruments, nor add/remove any tracks of the style. Entire project done from within BBox from start to finish.
Well done Eddie, Okay ... I'd like to know what VSTs you used. It's difficult to believe all the instruments are VSTs.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I'd like to know what VSTs you used.
Certainly. They are:

The 'star of the show', the guitar is a VSTi from DSK called "Dynamic Guitars", gives the choice of 3 types of acoustic guitars in one plugin. I honrstly don't remember which one I used here.
The accordion is a soundfont from Soni Musicae called "Diatonic accordion", gives also more than one sound type of which I actually used two here (on Strings track & Melody).
And lastly, the piano is a *big* VSTi from Bitsonic called "Keyzone Classic", includes 5 types of acoustic & electric pianos. I used its "Yamaha Grand" version in this case.

All of these are freeware, so I have no reservation about listing them. It's not like anyone is directly gaining any money from the mere mention of them, ya know wink

Sounds great Eddie. Best of luck in the contest!
Thank you, and likewise to you if you decide to take part too smile
Addendum, since I can no longer edit my original post:

I've only just remembered that the original patch on the guitar track wasn't guitar at all but a harp. So that's one rather vital modification I neglected to list.

Getting forgetful in my increasing age, huh smirk
Man you really captured the mellow campfire mood on this one!

Great job on that as well as your MIDI work. It is nice to see others use the MIDI side of BiaB.
Thoroughly enjoyed that, Eddie!
Originally Posted By: jford
Thoroughly enjoyed that, Eddie!
Oh, good! laugh
Nice song. Very soothing and relaxing. The simplicity of the arrangement lets it breath nicely. Definitely a breath of fresh MIDI air.
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice song. Very soothing and relaxing. The simplicity of the arrangement lets it breath nicely.
Well, your work seems to be quite top notch (just been 'checking you out'), so that's a big thanks from me for that vote of confidence cool
© PG Music Forums