PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Somewhat Diminished - 08/18/18 04:35 PM
This is my entry for MIDI songs.

There is a thread about songs that have diminished and augmented chords in them. JonD and myself decided to write a song with a lot of Dim7 and Aug chords in it.

I was a little reluctant to post this here as David beat me to the punch with the Rainbows style. But I decided to as this shows what two people can do with the same style but have two totally different pieces of music.

BiaB style = Rainbows All-MIDI 70's Synth Pop. I kept the drums and bass as is and deleted everything else.

JonD is playing the B3 via his keyboard controller while I am playing the guitar parts.

Secret Sauce details:
Drums - Addictive Drums 2 - preset Funk-Bone Funk. Secret sauce = Waves - CLA drum effects.

Bass - Ample Bass - preset YinYang = Secret Sauce = comp and EQ

Rhythm and lead guitar - Kramer Nightrider straight into mixing board - Secret Sauce = PSP Spring Reverb and EQ. Lead guitar also have Rough Rider Comp.

For those that want the chords:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j42ebnkhpmj3rht/Somewhat%20Diminished.SGU?dl=0

Note that the jam section only has a C but we could play and form of a C chord/scale that we chose to in our jams. The C was for the bass line.

Let us know what you think.

Somewhat Diminished
Posted By: jford Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/19/18 12:52 AM
Love the vibe on this one, Mario. Has a kind of Brian Auger and the Trinity feel to it.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/19/18 02:46 PM
Interesting use of the style. Result is something that to me at least has quite a "heavy" (as in heavy handed) or moody feel to it - the aftermath from the 'party' in the other Rainbows song, perhaps? wink

p.s. Loved the punchy drums, could easily pass for the "real deal". I must make a mental note to look up that thing you used for the sound.

p.s.p.s. Glad to see the competition is starting to kick in at last cool
Posted By: MarioD Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/19/18 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
Love the vibe on this one, Mario. Has a kind of Brian Auger and the Trinity feel to it.

Thanx so much John.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/19/18 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Interesting use of the style. Result is something that to me at least has quite a "heavy" (as in heavy handed) or moody feel to it - the aftermath from the 'party' in the other Rainbows song, perhaps? wink

p.s. Loved the punchy drums, could easily pass for the "real deal". I must make a mental note to look up that thing you used for the sound.

p.s.p.s. Glad to see the competition is starting to kick in at last cool

Yes this could be the aftermath of David's party. Great description!

Waves CLA for drums is my go to effect for any drum kit. I use it on every song. Check it out.

PS - I am also glad that the competition is not only picking up but the entries are top notch!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/19/18 07:32 PM

Mario,

This is killer man. Great job!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Somewhat Diminished - 08/28/18 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Mario,

This is killer man. Great job!

Thanx David.
© PG Music Forums