PG Music Home
Posted By: Gail Roland VSC for windows 7 - 06/12/10 08:17 AM
Hi, I am looking for a version of Rolands VSC that will run in sonar 8.5 using windows 7. does this exist???? it's doing my head in. Help please

Cheers

Gail
Posted By: MarioD Re: Roland VSC for windows 7 - 06/12/10 09:32 PM
Hi Gail,

I don’t believe that the VSC is compatible with 7. Have you looked at using the TTS-1 that came with Sonar? That is my go-to GM synth.
Posted By: Gail Re: Roland VSC for windows 7 - 06/12/10 10:23 PM
Hi, thanks - now I can stop hitting my head again the wall trying to get it to install. yes that's what I'm using at the moment but I hate the bass guitar sounds and the snare. is there anything else that I could look at to replace these??

Cheers
Gail
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Roland VSC for windows 7 - 06/15/10 05:32 PM
Gail TTS allows you to adjust the different patches, and there are more than one of each patch, as there are upper banks to choose from. When you open the synth there are many knobs and buttons to tweak to geet the sound you want. Plus in Sonar 8.5 you also have other synths for those sounds as well.
I used to be able to download Midi files from the internet to my computer and then open them in Power Tracks as playable sheet music (in Power tracks). I can't figure out a way to do that with my new version of Real Band. I am using Windows 7. Is there a way to do this ?
Also, I used to be able to play a Midi file that I found on the internet on VSC before deciding if I wanted to download it. I can't figure out how to do this anymore either. This represents two big steps backwards for me (and Real Band) if there is no longer a way to do these two things.
© PG Music Forums