PG Music Home
Posted By: martzo bossa nova - samba guitar - 06/09/08 05:22 AM
Saludos!
Una felicitacion a todo el staff de PG Music!
Soy un usuario registrado de varios de sus programas desde hace muchos aƱos.
Porque no un programa parecido al "jazz guitar" pero de guitarra de bossa nova y samba?
Y por cierto porque no una 2a. version de "The jazz guitar" y de "latin piano"?
Gracias.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 07/12/08 08:05 PM
This would certainly be very nice to have.
+1
Posted By: fretwizard5 Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 11/01/08 11:49 AM
+1
Posted By: tradivoro1 Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 02/24/09 05:30 PM
I'll chime in with a little bit of praise... The jazz guitarist, the midi based series of arrangements done by Oliver Gannon was the most unique, inspiring and well done effort to teach jazz standards on guitar by using midi that anyone has ever done, and will probably ever do... I shudder to think the amount of work that Oliver Gannon had to do to pull that off particularly in the middle 90s, when the guitar midi technology was still struggling... I think he used the yamaha controller which was probably the best of it's kind, but discontinued due to patent suit brought on by another company...

It's a shame that it appears that PGMusic has discontinued those series probably due to copyright issues... But the jazz pianist and the jazz guitarist series were one of the best products this company has ever made... People have praised Jamie Abersold over the years for his jazz educational materials, but I don't think that PGMusic gets enough praise for its efforts to teach jazz using midi... And done it extremely well... That's just something nobody else has done...

It would be great if PGMusic came out with a bossa nova and samba guitar product... I'd line up to buy it...
Posted By: Cemil Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 03/07/10 12:43 PM
Me too
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 03/11/10 05:36 PM
I would SO be willing to buy this one! Seems like very few people understand Bossa/Samba guitar elements. The more authentic RTs we can get for Latin music in whole would be awesome!

Ed
Posted By: Donsta Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 06/17/10 10:09 PM
Anything that can help me achieve a better understanding of the beautiful music of Brazil I want.
Posted By: kelso Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 07/19/10 02:18 AM
+++111. I was listening to Getz/Gilberto as I read this post. Me too for anything to help my bossa. Just the other day I got a book "Bossa Nova Guitar" by Carlos Arana that gives some historical (and technical) info about the pre-Gilberto music and it's influences on the early bossa. Then proceeds to methodically and graphically (and, with CD, musically) break it all down to beat-by-beat "cells" that are combined into phrases and songs. Also has all the 3 and 4 note chord charts. I've programmed many into Sonar so I can watch and hear. Now I need to play.
Posted By: zaragemca Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 09/03/10 06:34 PM
Greetings, the situation with the Bosaa Nova, was similar in Brazil to the situation with the, (Rumba), in the Cuba' Carnival music. The Rumba was the original music for festivities in the Cuban Carnival, and the Samba was the similar for the Brazilian celebration, but the middle class societies in both countries didn't want to dance to that fast pace, and they create the, (Danzon, Son), in Cuba and the Bossa Nova in Brazil. The five beat trade mark in the Bossa Nova was taking from the Cuba's 3/2 Clave, (and modified to 5 straight beats). The formulation of the chords/ harmonic configuration, etc., was taking from the Tres/ Guitar, which present a different configuration of the strings than the regular guitar. To all that, it was added the local folkloric flavor which is presented in the Bossa Nova. Gerry Zaragemca
Posted By: IvanSilva Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 09/08/11 03:35 PM
+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: bossa nova - samba guitar - 09/08/11 04:56 PM
Romero Lubambo, the guitarist on my CD, put out an excellent DVD with pamphlet on Bossa Nova guitar playing in 1998. He had plenty of examples of increasing difficulty, and covered the spectrum of influential players from Joao Gilberto through Tonhino Horta. I took many of his chord progressions and keyed them into BIAB to analyze them further.

Romero would be a superb choice to do such a program for BIAB.
© PG Music Forums