PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr chord dictionary - 02/05/12 06:54 AM
great little program!

I would like it to have the following feature:
if a user enters a bunch of notes into a text box, the program would report all chords that contain those notes. I often know what chord I want to put into the BIAB or RB chord window, but I don't always know the name of it, or the best sounding chord with the notes I want

Alternatively, this could go in the chord builder.
Posted By: juiceman Re: chord dictionary - 03/01/13 06:36 PM
Agreed. This would be a very useful app for composing.

In the interim, try using the separate applet on the 2012 BiB CDROM. It's called Guitar Chord Dictionary. It installs to the desktop as a standalone app. If you have an idea of the root or a location on the guitar neck, it shows a bunch of decent grips with each note spelled out in a list and on the neck. It's a timesaver.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: chord dictionary - 03/06/13 12:45 AM
I was using the 2011 BIAB Pro CD and upgraded to the 2013 UltraPlus PAK and have not found the guitar chord dictionary app on either. Is it possible it was a bonus during 2012?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: chord dictionary - 03/06/13 05:45 AM
I don't know Jim, but a call to PG Music Sales would tell you which bonus paks contained what when.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: chord dictionary - 03/21/13 10:28 PM
Thanks for the advice Matt.

I contacted PG Music support and they confirmed the guitar chord dictionary was not part of the bonus packs either time I purchased BIAB. They advised the guitar chord dictionary is a standalone program available for purchase here: Guitar Chord Dictionary

They also indicated a similar program is available for piano: Piano Chord Dictionary

Once again, thanks for the advice.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: chord dictionary - 05/12/13 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: juiceman
Agreed. This would be a very useful app for composing.

In the interim, try using the separate applet on the 2012 BiB CDROM. It's called Guitar Chord Dictionary. It installs to the desktop as a standalone app. If you have an idea of the root or a location on the guitar neck, it shows a bunch of decent grips with each note spelled out in a list and on the neck. It's a timesaver.

that's exactly the app I'm talking about. I do use it already, but I'm requesting the added feature as described in the first post.

I already have a spreadsheet I made that does what I want, but it doesn't PLAY the chord as the chord dictionary does. Being able to add notes in a specific order then hear how that combination would sound would be very helpful to me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: chord dictionary - 05/12/13 05:17 PM
A BIG +1
Posted By: Harvey Gerst Re: chord dictionary - 08/12/13 05:44 PM
It would be nice if the strings could be reversed for us lefties.
Posted By: Mac Re: chord dictionary - 08/22/13 02:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
great little program!

I would like it to have the following feature:
if a user enters a bunch of notes into a text box, the program would report all chords that contain those notes. I often know what chord I want to put into the BIAB or RB chord window, but I don't always know the name of it, or the best sounding chord with the notes I want

Alternatively, this could go in the chord builder.

Well, BB has a feature that can name and enter a chord onto the chord grid when it is played on a MIDI guitar or keyboard.

Chord Entry via playing the chord. Naming will be by the lowest note played and is thus assumed to be the bass note.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums