PG Music Home
Posted By: WienSam Chat room - 11/10/08 02:59 AM
It would be great to have a live chat room on the forum
Posted By: toucher Re: Chat room - 11/30/08 05:31 PM
I whole heartedly agree........

+1 for each of my personalities thats at least 8 that I have met so far.

Toucher
Posted By: John Conley Re: Chat room - 12/12/08 11:44 AM
Ah diversity. As long as there were neither politics nor religion slipping in it might fly.

Problem is snowberries to apples to oranges to mangos and figs.

Diversity of opinion in music is an intellectual exercise, the political/religious/anthropological end is just not reconcilable, for it rarely involves intellect, but environmental factors that cause strife. What is acceptable in one culture, is totally unacceptable in another.

As was once pointed out to me, "who cares what some igloo dwelling seal killer commie country dweller thinks, you owe your lives to" ...,ah you get my point I'm sure.

Nice idea, I would probably ignore it....
Posted By: toucher Re: Chat room - 12/12/08 04:31 PM
lol..........

Enjoyed your use of verbose language to describe your apprehension regarding a live chat forum. I agree that anytime people have an opportunity to express their fears, feelings, woes, insights, religious and political positions, they will jump in with both feet. At the same time I wonder how much of your tongue was buried in your cheek during your response.

I would try to refrain from getting involved in that type of discussion and if most users did the same, then the jumper inners would soon get back to the subject of PG music or at least music. I'd like to see it be a totally off-topic chat forum.

Those who would ignore the chat forum would slowly but consistantly be lured in with the titillating conversation and wealth of personalities available with which to discuss music related issues, or as you point out religious or political issues. I'd rather discuss religious issues with a fellow musician than with a tv evangelist.

Enjoyed your post.

Toucher
Posted By: Mac Re: Chat room - 01/04/09 05:24 PM
Quit quoting me, John.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Chat room - 04/09/09 11:14 AM
Gee Mac nice try reviving a December 08 thread with 3 posts and doing it on April Fools Day. Tongue in cheek, geez, mine is there a lot, unless I can find my glasses so I can look for my dentures. Usually by then I forget why I wanted them, and don't know where the car keys are so I just go back to the piano...then I realize I'm out of rye whiskey, but that's for Sunday, and I end up in the kitchen so I make a coffee, when i really went to look at the caledar to decide what day it is.
Posted By: toucher Re: Chat room - 04/09/09 02:12 PM
lol

I know the feeling my friend. But I'd still like to see a chat room. hahaa
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Chat room - 12/29/09 02:13 PM
+1 for a Chat room, with a BIG splash screen saying>No Politics, etc.

What a great way for forum members to share information in real time!

Ed
Posted By: critter Re: Chat room - 03/17/10 06:51 AM
That would be cool for just shooting the breeze....................
Posted By: John Conley Re: Chat room - 03/17/10 11:05 AM
Not the shooting thing again. That's not the calibre of discussion I'd expect.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Chat room - 03/18/10 04:32 PM
+1 to John's latest post, if there ever was a thread that needed to die, it is the "Gun laws" thread.........8 pages of drivel.

Ed
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Chat room - 04/08/10 11:38 PM
Feel free to register and use the one at my site here. We keep this site kinda hidden for music talk and posting tutorials and stuff but for you guys it is open http://s8.invisionfree.com/GAPers/
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: Chat room - 04/09/10 11:28 AM
I'd have to talk in my sleep!
Most of you guys are between Five to Eight hours behind me ;0)
OR.... We'd need two! A US/CANADA chat and a UK/European chat...

Night night,

Dave Zzzzzzz.....
Posted By: mhaicenabre Re: Chat room - 10/12/10 08:28 PM
Very cool suggestion. I think it's not possible to create a chat room here. Great programmers are everywhere.
© PG Music Forums