PG Music Home
I visit almost every section of the forum. I have International minimized but seem to spend time in every other section.

Some of the conversations cover a wide range and I forget what section of the forum am I in? Am I in the BiaB for Windows or Mac, BiaB or RB, Recording, Producing or Off Topic? Sometimes what section you're in makes a difference in formulating a proper response.

Since I have an opinion on just about everything crazy I try to make sure I respond properly. So I back out of the conversation and scroll to the top of the page to remind myself what section I'm in within the forum.

It would sure be nice to be able to see the forum section title listed with the conversation header.
Yes, I have to do what you do, scroll way up.

+1
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
So I back out of the conversation and scroll to the top of the page to remind myself what section I'm in within the forum.

Hey, Jim... The information is at the top of the page as I type this.. (in IE 11 - not sure if browser makes a difference)... so there is no need to "back out of the conversation" (though you do have to scroll to the top)

(I see this:)
PG Music Home » Forums » PG Music Wishlists » Other Programs Wishlist » Forum Layout: List Forum Section Name With Topic Header
Yep Floyd you are correct. The topic title is at the top of the page but it is not repeated in the conversation header I'm reading. What I'm wanting is for the top of the page information to be repeated in the conversation header. When there are many replies, the forum information scrolls out of site.
Would you want it in the header of each reply, next to the topic id, date, and time?
Can't speak for Jim, but I've often experienced the same thing. I think having the name over by the topic id/date/time would be perfect, and in the same smaller text.
Originally Posted By: jford
Can't speak for Jim, but I've often experienced the same thing. I think having the name over by the topic id/date/time would be perfect, and in the same smaller text.

+1
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Would you want it in the header of each reply, next to the topic id, date, and time?
Yes Andrew, that would be very nice. Thank you in advance!
That's been added now...
Thanks!
I see that...very cool. Thanks a bunch!
Yes, thanx!
That's been added now...

Thanks for the quick response. I like it ... I like it a lot!

Looks great and saves time.
That's been added now...
Brilliant, cheers so much for this!!
I can't tell you how many times I've found myself speaking out of term inside some forum post which I came to from the PG front page and thus had really not considered exactly where it is before ranting away and making a mess crazy
This little addition to the layout is going to go a long way to avoid those clashes, I'm sure cool
Next up .. once I scroll to the bottom of a thread and it looks like it may have been solved or ended, I have to scroll all the way back up to leave the forum section (ie click Forums and be out in the main page to check other forums).
Any way to pin the breadcrumbs or similar at the bottom of a thread?
Seems it would be much handier than the 'Next/Previous Topic' buttons.
+1 (to pin the breadcrumbs or similar at the bottom of a thread)
© PG Music Forums