PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 06/20/18 02:53 PM
I'd like to be able to have the forum be mobile friendly.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 06/20/18 03:06 PM
Most of the time I spend on the PG Music foruums is on my iPhone, with no problem. Do you have specific problems or suggestions?
Posted By: jford Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 06/23/18 05:27 AM
On Android, the columns change sometimes to narrow strips so you get a long narrow column of words stacked on top of each other. Other times it displays fine. Not consistent.

The forum text is so small that you spend all your time pinching in and out to read the forum.

When answering a post with a long message, sometimes the box doesn't always scroll to let you see what you are typing. Sometimes it does. Changing the screen orientation from portrait to landscape back to portrait will usually temporarily fix it.

Those are three things off the top of my head that would help the mobile experience if fixed.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 06/23/18 09:53 AM
Yes, I agree with the need for pinching, but I’m not sure what the alternative is. Thanks for pointing out inconsistent behavior on Android. I haven’t seen that on iPhone.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 06/25/18 09:50 AM
When using the forum on my iPhone, I have to keep zooming in and out to parts of the forum. It's just that. I am on another fourm that is formated just for computers.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 07/02/18 02:50 AM
I think it's on Andrew's todo list: Re: Website Modernization Update Overdue
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 09/25/18 06:06 PM
Using gestures is definitely a requirement with the PG Music Forum on mobile devices. I would have thought that the web page software could detect the destination device type and switch to different font size, layout etc. I believe that there's room for an improved display presentation on mobile devices.

I understood that Google implied a rule some time back that it would provide a lower search engine ranking to web pages that were not mobile friendly.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 09/25/18 08:28 PM
+1 Great wishlist request!

While wishing for great things how about wishing for the complete website to be Android and Ipad device compatible.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 01/19/19 11:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

I think the new PG Music web page (released December 2018) goes a long way to delivering mobile device compatibility.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Mobile Compatibility For the Forum - 05/06/19 09:11 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Islansoul

I think the new PG Music web page (released December 2018) goes a long way to delivering mobile device compatibility.

Yes it does go a long way. I have a marketing friend who told me that most people start out checking out a website on their phone before going onto the site on the computer. With iPads and tablets, the people who go to their computer may be slowing down.
© PG Music Forums