PG Music Home
Posted By: LynB New 2010 version - 06/14/10 03:00 PM
Installed OK but I am getting a problem with the initial set up. Despite setting up $Options,seq, Favorite.rms and Default.rms to my requirements the program refuses to open as required. The large icons which open in the body of the lower Window have been re-located along the bottom of the Main Window and displayed in a specific order, but each time the program is opened the large Icons appear half an inch higher up the Window and are half obscured by the Classic Tracks Window which I open on top. Twice I have had to reposition the Icon Strips at the top of the Main Display and now I am locking this display to obtain some consistency.
Posted By: percy Re: New 2010 version - 06/15/10 01:33 PM
I also had problems with the initial setup after upgrading. Under Preferences-File, I checked 'reload most recent file' but PT never did. Then I noticed something strange- when clicking on File, at the bottom where the 5 most recent files are listed, the $Options.seq file would appear. I realize it's an seq file, but PT obviously can't play it.
Only after the $Options.seq file was demoted did it display my desired preferences. Hope this makes some sense. Beats me.

Additionally, the Looped Playback feature is acting up since the upgrade. Some files are not looping at all, and others incorrectly. Once again, beats me.

PT was the most reliable workhorse. Don't know what happened.

Percy
Posted By: LynB Re: New 2010 version - 06/15/10 02:49 PM
Thanks for suggestion, but I find that removing $Options.Seq does not improve the situation.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New 2010 version - 06/16/10 01:20 PM
Lyn, Percy - I have yet to start using 2010 but I made it a separate install to PT12.

Did you upgrade over PT12? If you did, perhaps a separate install of 2010 might cure the problem?

Cheers - Ian
Posted By: LynB Re: New 2010 version - 06/16/10 02:36 PM
I have always upgraded over the previous version. As far as I am aware, the Upgrade version does not include all the code that the first time buyer version does.
Posted By: oliv928 Re: New 2010 version - 07/22/10 08:15 AM
I am now processing with installing 2010. PT12 is present on my PC. I wonder how to do the stuff ? instal 2010 over PT12 using the default same folder, or instal 2010 in a new separate windows folder ?
I bought the $29 2010 version. Is it an update installer using previous version codes things or a complete new installer, same as the 2010 new customer version ?
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New 2010 version - 07/22/10 02:35 PM
Personally I have kept PT12 in its own folder,
and installed 2010 in its own along with the 2010 upgrades
simply because I liked PT 12 on its own. I'm still using PT12.

When I get the urge I will probably copy PT12 to a new folder
and change the name of the new folder to 2010 then apply the
2010 upgrades and updates and see how the whole thing works together.

Right now as I said - I have my PT12 folder and have separate
setup folder for the new 2010 plus its updates. Upgrading a well-
functioning setup makes me nervous - always like to be able to
go back.

Ian
Posted By: oliv928 Re: New 2010 version - 07/22/10 04:54 PM
i have installed 2010 over PT12, in the same folder. did not change anything to the normal instal folder ie \pwtr\
It seems to work well but something is very strange : when i right click on a midi file in XP explorer, then select open with, then browse and select ptw.exe , the file is opened with PT10 !
very strange because , when i double left click on this exe, 2010 is launched.
On my disk I have a previous PT10 version exe, but in another folder.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New 2010 version - 07/22/10 09:28 PM
Better do a search and see how many ptw.exes you've got running. Did you never remove PT10?

Also when I right click on a midi and then click on "open with" I'm given an initial choice of WMPlayer or Winamp OR Click on Choose With and use another program. But clicking on "midi" never opens PT automatically.
Perhaps your Tools | Folder Options | File Types need to be checked out to see which file is assigned to which software. You may have misdirections in there.
Did the Ptw.exe which opened PT 10 have a PT10 icon in XP explorer??

Ian
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New 2010 version - 07/23/10 01:27 PM
P.S.

FWIW - I checked with PG Support, and I am ensured that PT2010 will do fine in a clean install plus any updates.

Cheers - Ian
© PG Music Forums