PG Music Home
Posted By: PickandNoodle Lost my track categories - 07/03/10 10:32 PM
I recently upgraded my hard disk and now my Track categories in PT (and RB) all say Unassigned. I've checked previous threads and it seems to have happened to others. I tried the solution of turning on directory fast indexing (it was already checked) but no success. I'm running Vista Home Premium SP 2 in 32-bit mode. I did install the new Coyote WT files and I'm wondering if that messed things up.

I know it's a holiday weekend but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Lost my track categories - 07/04/10 04:45 PM
In your Realband folder, look for the PTW Pictures file.
See if you have pictures in the folder for Audio Pictures and MIDI Pictures, in each of those folders you'll have to look in the Factory Pictures section. I believe the pictures are necessary.

If they are there, can you create a new Category?
If not, I gotta believe it is still an indexing issue. Is indexing on for the whole drive? I'm thinking in NTSF format it would need to be on for the whole drive, not just the folder.

Are you running RB from the external drive, or on your system?
Are the realtracks on the external drive or on your system?

These may be clues.
Posted By: PickandNoodle Re: Lost my track categories - 07/05/10 02:25 PM
I was able to create my own category (under user defined). Since this also affected my RB setup, I have a feeling that my drive upgrade is responsible. It probably lost it's relative path along the way, so it may be that i need to reinstall BIAB and PT so it can locate the files correctly.

The NTSF drive is completely indexed so i doubt that's the issue. I will reinstall PT and let you know.

Thanks...
Posted By: PickandNoodle Re: Lost my track categories - 07/05/10 03:06 PM
Just to close this out, I reinstalled PT and that took care of it. Evidently creating an entire new volume disrupts the relative paths that existed before. Fortunately, PG's re-installs are pretty painless.

Thanks - pass it on if it comes up again.
© PG Music Forums