PG Music Home
I have been trying to use my Native Instruments Kontakt 4 as a plugin with Power Tracks Pro [11.0 (3)] so I can play their awesome sounds through PTP. I need help!!!! PTP does not recognize Kontakt 4 as a DXi synth. PG Music support was ZERO help and it seemed as though they did not want to deal with it (even though I have been a PTP user since version 4 and BIAB user since early 90's) ... not happy about that! Read the Native Instruments Bandstand tutorial PG sent me ... no help.

In the "Options/MIDI Devices/Re_Route MIDI playback to default Dxi Synth" path, there is no recognition of Native Instruments (just says "None")

In the "DXi/Options/Scan for New DX Plugins... path, PTP does not scan Kontakt in.

My Cubase 5 has no problem recognizing this plugin ... maybe it's time to abandon Power Tracks (but I've been using it so long I can do it in my sleep ... except for this issue!!)

Can anyone help please?!?!?!?!?!
If you open the DX FX area on a MIDI track, select a slot and scroll to bottom and select 'add VSTi', then go to the contact dll file what happens? (I know it says VSTi but should find DXi also..)
Cannot find any Kontakt (spelled with "k") .dll files. Searched for it on HD and no files found.
does it have a .ax file?
This is a good place to look for any type of VST .dll files. Most VST files get installed here. I do not know for sure about Kontakt 4.

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugIns\

or for 64bit versions of Windows:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugIns\
I can't speak for Kontakt 4, but Kontakt 2 gets installed in Win7 in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\VSTPlugins

You will have to make sure that you scan this directory for the .dll.

Also, my Kontakt 2 has a DXI install as well - did you do both the dxi and vsti installs?
© PG Music Forums