PG Music Home
Posted By: jeffgee asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/13/11 05:20 PM
Anyone know what are some good asio drivers to use in windows 7 for a lexicon lambda interface?...The ones from the lexiconpro website cause crashes and other issues on my system..thanks in advance..............
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/13/11 07:04 PM
First off, it helps to understand ASIO. Many interface and card makers write native ASio Drivers, and not all work well with every OS/Software combo. Outside of native ASIO drivers all other options are really wrappers. ASIO4All is a wrapper that take Windows WMA drivers and wraps them to make the software think they are using ASIO drivers. These to me have always been more hit and miss, than native drivers. They seem to work for many, but not all. A good second choice when native drivers fail.

If the Lexicon ASIO drivers are crashy hhmm new word! Then give them a try.
Posted By: jford Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/13/11 07:06 PM
Hi, Jeff -

Have you tried the MME (WDM) drivers to make sure they work? If so, then I would try the ASIO4ALL driver to see if it works. It basically encapsulates you WDM driver to look to the system as an ASIO driver. If it doesn't work, just uninstall and move on to something else. But it doesn't hurt your system to just give it a try.
Posted By: jeffgee Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/14/11 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies....Sounds like they should rename the drivers 'asio for quite a few:)....asio for all works like a charm w/my setup however I think i need device drivers for my lambda. the device itself isnt recognized. so that could have something to do with all of this. Sounds like I'll need to find some mme drivers for lambda so that asio for all can have something to wrap.....when I use asio for all the low latency is great and everything is smooth except it will only come out of my mono laptop 1" speaker.....i'll keep working at it...Thanks for the help:)
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/14/11 07:52 PM
Jeff,

What does Lexicon tech support say about this?

-Scott
Hi Jeff,

ASIO4ALL should work with any device, but it doesn't sound like you've configured it correctly yet.

When you're in PowerTracks' ASIO Audio Drivers window, hit the ASIO Driver's Control Panel button. In the window that appears, you need to tell ASIO4ALL which device it's supposed to use. This is usually necessary when you have two sound cards connected to your computer, as ASIO4ALL doesn't automatically know which one you prefer.

Once you've deactivated your onboard soundcard and selected the Lambda, close the ASIO4ALL Control Panel, and hit ok in ASIO Audio Drivers. Now if you hit the Drivers button again, you should see the Lambda's ports listed in the Input and Output boxes.

If you keep having trouble, feel free to give our tech line a call, should only take a couple minutes to walk you through this.

Kent
PG Music
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/19/11 01:59 AM
Jeff, still curious about what Lexicon tech support says. I'm half-interested in their product line, for future reference.
Posted By: jeffgee Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/20/11 05:35 PM
Sorry to take so long to reply..i got it working...I never had contact w/lexicon support directly...just what their website said about the drivers. Apparently the win 7 drivers are an extra thing for these devices. I downloaded them from their site. ...Also Im not exactly sure what I did to get it working?? i just messed around with it for a long time...then after about 5 system restarts and 7 hail Marys it miraculously worked. I'm just gonna go w/it:)
Posted By: Rob - PG Music Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/20/11 06:54 PM
Hello,

One tip I got from chatting with Lexicon tech support is that sometimes the ASIO drivers work better if the Lexicon interface is not selected in the Windows control panel, to be the default playback device.

For example you go and select the motherboard's audio drivers for default audio playback and recording in Windows, then configure ASIO to use the Lexicon in the host program it may operate better.

It has worked out for me a few times when the Lexicon drivers are being difficult.

-Rob.
Posted By: jeffgee Re: asio 4 all? ....best asio drivers - 10/20/11 11:46 PM
Thanks for the tip Rob...Im gonna do that w/my system
© PG Music Forums