PG Music Home
Posted By: rogerc Midi parts and click track to audio file - 10/27/11 04:57 PM
Hi

Our keyboard player has left the band and there a a couple of numbers that we can't really continue to do without the keyboard part. I can re-create the keyboard part as midi quite easily. What I would like to do is then record this to a CD as an audio track but along with a click track for the band to synch with. I need this click track plus audio to be played through the foldback monitors but the audio track only (ie the keyboard part only) to be played through the FoH speakers. My first thoughts are to put the click track on (eg) left channel and the keyboard track on right channel then I can control levels and routing from the mixer. Trouble is I can't find a way to export specific tracks to left and right stereo channels! Also, what's the best way to create a click track? I'm just using the metronome for now.

Thanks

Roger
Well, sorry for my bad english, but I will try to help you...

For the click track we can discuss latter...

Yes, in my oppinion you should put the keyboard on left side and the guide track to the right, that is, in my oppinion a click track could be not suffice to guide you thru the song, so, it would be better to have a full guide track, say, the full song at the guide track (right side) , or a draft of it. This guide track will be playing ONLY on the stage monitors.
And, about the click track, here you have one:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.other.htm#clicktrack

And, if not sure how to render tracks to left and right sides, ask.
Posted By: rharv Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file - 10/27/11 06:30 PM
Simply pan the tracks hard left and right, then use 'audio-merge tracks to stereo wavefile' command to get left/right separation.

Simple click can be found here-
http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/click.mid

It is a sidestick, and you can adjust tempo. It is 100 measures so you can cut it shorter, or copy/paste longer if needed.
Posted By: rogerc Re: Midi parts and click track to audio file - 10/28/11 05:15 PM
Thanks. All sorted!!
© PG Music Forums