PG Music Home
if my audigy 2 ZS platinum isn't up to it these days with Windows & 64 bit professional, what other sound cards do you suggest that have the same convenient front panel input with midi and audio in/out?
I've been there my friend with my SB Live Platinum card of which I got many years of use. There are so many options to choose from that it's very hard to make a recommendation. I would stick with a company with reliable drivers (M-Audio for example). As for 'front panel' you might just want to go with a USB based device and then you always have a 'front panel'. M-Audio fast track pro for example.

-Scott
The front panel (mic-in, headphones-out, etc.) should be a part of the computer case, rather than the sound card. So if your case already has this front panel, a new internal sound card should be able to connect to it.
Quote:

The front panel (mic-in, headphones-out, etc.) should be a part of the computer case, rather than the sound card. So if your case already has this front panel, a new internal sound card should be able to connect to it.

Blake, that's not what he's referring to. He's referring to the hard drive bay patch and knob panel that Creative used to sell with their better PCI sound cards. The SB Live platinum edition, for example.

Here's an image for reference purposes:
[image]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvxrAHzsA8rHNMHGVy8aMqHGqaeoKTrguuXKZldTaEuqAfI85YJg[/image]

His audigy had a similar 'front panel' control.
Switch to KX drivers for the creative cards.
Use version 3550 for Win7x64. Make sure to get the right version.
Anybody know if there is a win 7 64 bit driver for the PCMCIA 1616m available?
http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx

Good luck. A manual search using their tool (at bottom) says the driver is compatible, but I've heard others say it isn't.
Once again I believe if the Creative drivers don't work & yor card becomes obsolete try KX. They now support EMU cards. Some of them. I'll go check for you.
© PG Music Forums