PG Music Home
I want to continue using Powertracks as I have been using it for 12 years and am very comfortable with it. I am, however, very frustrated with not being able to play my midi Yourock guitar with Vsti:s. If I buy a M-Audio fast track pro will I be able to that with M-audios asio-drivers?

I never had any luck with Creative's asio drivers, neither with asio4all.
Doubtful. ASIO has been very iffy with PG products.
That's a pity. I guess I have to buy another non expensive sequencer then. I tried the demo of one competitor's program and it worked fine with my yourockguitar and VSTi without any fiddlingh with drivers and settings. I'm very reluctant to abandon PT though as I prefer notation to piano rolls and just plain like the way the program works. (Also, I hate learning new software!)

Thanks anyway/Ola
Why not use PTs with WDM to play back your tracks and then use a VSTi host, I use Cantabile, to play your YouRock Guitar through. ASIO works well with it.
Thanks for the tip. I have to look into Cantabile, but is it possible to use it with PT? Ideally I would like to write my backing tracks in PT and then play and record the melody with the You RockGuitar as a separate track in PT. I am not sure I understand how that can be done with Cantabile in conjunction with PT.
Hi Ola,

As long as your computer is powerful enough, I can't think of any reason you wouldn't be able to do this. Though some folks have run into problems, people do record MIDI with ASIO drivers in PowerTracks all the time, using VSTs.

I'd definitely give this a shot. It'll probably just work, and we'll be happy to help you if it doesn't.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thanks Kent, that's reassuring. Any suggestions on what sound interface/sound card would be my best bet? (my PC: win7 32 bit
Hi Ola,

I'm afraid I try to avoid recommend third-party products, but there have been lots of threads about this in our forums, so a quick search should turn up lots of info.

I can tell you that I'm personally using an older Tascam US-122, and though it's not great for audio recording, I've found the drivers to be very solid (fine with me, I work mostly with MIDI).

Whatever you choose, I'd get it from a local shop that has a good return policy (if possible), so that if your first choice gives you problems, you can try something else.

PowerTracks doesn't have any special requirements, so any information you get from the staff at your local shop (or find online) will be valid.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thanks again Kent, I also work mainly with midi, so I'll consider the Tascam interface and start from there, I guess.
© PG Music Forums