PG Music Home
Posted By: 1926 DXi - 04/27/09 09:36 PM
Hiya Folks.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to use the VSc Dxi. I am using PT 11 and BIAB 04
In PT I loaded some midi files and recorded an audio track along with them.
I want to save to wav but I get a prompt to load a selection in the Dxi.
This is all new to me and have been trying to figure out how to do as the prompt box suggests.
any help would be appreciated.
Regards, ed
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: DXi - 04/27/09 09:39 PM
You on the tool bar there is a DX button that allows you to add a DXi to teh synth rack, do that and then output the individual midi tracks to that Synth
Posted By: Mac Re: DXi - 04/28/09 01:29 AM
Of course, you must have the VSC DXi installed on your computer first.

It ships as a freebie with BIAB but I'm not certain pgmusic has ever included it bundled free with PT.

You don't have to use the Direct Render to convert all you hear in PT to stereo wav.

Simply set up a new track for recording in stereo, set your soundcard's software mixer to record what it hears and Play the song back from beginning to end while recording it to the new stereo track.

Once that's done, Mute all tracks but the new stereo track and use the Wave File export command under the File menu.

--Mac
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: DXi - 05/26/09 05:55 PM
If you have Band-in-a-Box 2004, you should have the VSC DXi. There might be a separate installer for it on the Band-in-a-Box disc, or it could be on a bonus pak disc if you have one.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: DXi - 05/27/09 01:44 AM
Doesn't its functioning depend on the Windows OS used? This may only be issue if you are using Vista 64. But I can't say which version of the VSC goes with which OS. Sorry.
© PG Music Forums