PG Music Home
Posted By: stratocaster Chord sheet - 05/30/09 02:01 PM
Is there a way to convert the chord sheet into a word document. So it can be mailed to non PT owners?
Posted By: Mac Re: Chord sheet - 05/30/09 02:12 PM
You could choose Print from the Notation View of a track that includes the chord symbols, then uncheck the bass clef and uncheck notation.

You will get the chord names printed overtop of blank staves with barlines.

Use Print Preview to see what is there before printing.

From the Print Prview Window, pick "Save" button where you have a choice of ways to save the file instead of Printing it, such as .bmp or .jpg, png, or tif formats. One or more of these can then be imported or pasted into a word processor file.

You can't save or print without at least one stave, but It is often good to have the treble clef staff and barlines as well as the chord names as they can provide information about the timing of each chord.

--Mac
Posted By: PapaMikie Re: Chord sheet - 05/30/09 02:17 PM
I just print a lead sheet to PDF. There are a number of free pdf printer available do a search for print to PDF. This will let you send lead sheet, chords and other thing.
Posted By: Mac Re: Chord sheet - 05/30/09 02:26 PM
Yes, .pdf is great if you have the software to create them. You can also use software like the free Irfanview to convert those saved formats I mentioned into .pdf files, too.

Another method that may be better suited to nonreaders takes a little more time -- you must retype the chords into the Lyrics window. Screenshot of Lyrics window can yield a nice looking "Chords Only" sort of thing...

--Mac
Posted By: silvertones Re: Chord sheet - 06/01/09 08:07 PM
This one works really well & is free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/doPDF_d5545.html
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Chord sheet - 06/01/09 08:26 PM
I have that one as well, but hate the nag screen, my fav is bullzip it does a great job, you can find it at snapfiles.com
Posted By: silvertones Re: Chord sheet - 06/02/09 11:58 AM
I don't get a nag screen
© PG Music Forums