PG Music Home
Posted By: rharv Just felt like sharing - 04/01/17 01:47 PM
Recorded in PT a few years back.
Things of note I remember:
guitars/vocals/mandolin by Jeff Solvig, who came here from Chicago to lay his tracks (to a click)
Weeks later I brought Tim Dubay in to play drums. He listened to it 2 times and said "OK I'm ready".
Then played some very nice drums.

I just recorded everything and did bass and strings.

http://www.masteringmatters.com/stuff2/woodu.wma

/I intentionally left extraneous talking, squeaks, etc .. thought it added something
//been digging thru old stuff lately between recording sessions, this one was fun to find
Posted By: jford Re: Just felt like sharing - 04/01/17 06:49 PM
I liked that a lot, Bob. Thanks. You can definitely use PowerTracks (and now RealBand to make some awesome music).
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Just felt like sharing - 04/03/17 10:51 PM
Enjoyed this. Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Just felt like sharing - 04/05/17 08:51 PM
The opening guitar reminded me of a unidentifiable but Moody Blues "forgotten" track and later when strings came in (which I would have put more in the fore) really smacked of MB's.

As a matter of fact if the strings had been a little more synth like with a just a hair more flutter (warble - Mellotron'ish) and the bass had been ONLY synth'ish I would have thought this came from a forgotten MB's studio tape that didn't make the cut.

good work
Larry

Posted By: rharv Re: Just felt like sharing - 04/06/17 10:16 PM
Very interesting take on it, thanks.
I have been reviewing old 'original material' for promotional purposes, and this seemed like a nice one to include (though 20 years old or so)
I *can* remix it, and your reply implies that it may be worth it.
Thanks again
© PG Music Forums