PG Music Home
I have Windows 10 and am using Power Tracks Pro Audio 2015. I recently re-installed power tracks and when I tried to record a guitar part, I pressed record and when trying to save the recording, got an error message, "Error Converting C:\pt\INPUT.TXT". I also got an error message "File Access Denied (read-only file, or in use by another program". I tried deleting ptw.ini, but to no avail.
James,

My first impression is that it sounds like you need to run Powertracks in administrator mode.

To do this, right-click on the startup shortcut, select "Properties" and then, under the 'Compatibility' tab, set the option to 'Run as administrator'.

Regards,
Noel
Not sure how comfortable you are with working with computers (since this is your first post), but ..
If you Open the file you mentioned;
C:\pt\INPUT.TXT
It will open in Notepad most likely. This will reveal some interesting data.

You can look at that file and see where it is trying to write to.
Most likely issue is the line where it says
"Output=1= ..." (my dot-dot-dot will be replaced with a file path in your INPUT.TXT file)
This is where PT is trying to temporarily store your recorded audio.

To me, your error message implies PT doesn't have permission to write to that path/folder.
Running as Administrator may fix it (as Noel pointed out), but changing the permissions for this folder is another option to try. Maybe your temp storage area is protected by antivirus, or something else.

Just trying to help ..
© PG Music Forums