PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier PT 2017 with Win 10 - 09/20/17 12:04 PM
Will PT 2017 (3) work with Windows 10? Last time I tried it no go.
Thanks- Bernie
Posted By: jford Re: PT 2017 with Win 10 - 09/20/17 12:15 PM
I haven't used it a lot (as I generally use RealBand), but it should work on Windows 10. Make sure that you run it as administrator and do NOT install it into the "C:\Program Files (x86)" or "C:\Program files" folder. And if there are still problems, I might would even try running it in a Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I would also probably change the location of the TEMP folder to something other than the Windows default, which ensures it runs outside of Windows folder control. On my computer, PTPA is installed to "C:\Apps\PGMusic\PTPA", temp is assigned to "E:\Audio\Temp\PGMusic\PTPA" and my song data is wherever I save it to (e.g. "D:\MyData\Tunes".

Make sure all your MIDI and audio connections are enabled and connected before you launch it. I would probably also install the LoopBE MIDI port driver to give you something other than the MIDI Mapper or GS Wavetable to choose from (expecially using DXi or VSTi synths).

What exactly didn't work when you tried it before?
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: PT 2017 with Win 10 - 09/21/17 04:19 PM
Bernie

PT 2017 installed and works on all of my Win 10(s) Pro - 64 bit (as well as all my Win 7 64 Pro)

FTY: mine is installed on a non-boot drive, same goes for BIAB and RB and everything "music" including all plugins (of any kind VST/VSTI or DX/DXi)

But just follow John's advice and any place on C will (should work - but as mentioned do not install in the C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files)

Good Luck

Larry
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: PT 2017 with Win 10 - 09/30/17 05:56 PM
Lots of sound advice above. However, my PT 2017 just installed on Windows 10 and worked first time.

As long as you are familiar with driver set up etc on previous versions of PT you'll have no problem.

Mind you, I was a little bit lost as icons have moved but its still a very user friendly program
© PG Music Forums