PG Music Home
Posted By: Bill Az PT 2017 asking where BB is located - 11/17/17 09:56 AM
I'm using PT 2017 with my old XP PC because it's the last OS to support my old wonderful SB mp3 internal sound card.(S Fonts etc.).

Question is: When I boot up PT it asks me if my B in a Box is installed on C:\BB. It takes 3 NO answers to get rid of this annoying questioning. I've since installed my old BB 11 and it still questions me.

How do I stop these 3 pop up windows from interrogating me?

Thx for any help,

Bill

PS It also happened on my Vista PC
Posted By: ROG Re: PT 2017 asking where BB is located - 11/20/17 08:28 PM
On the TOOLBAR at the top, in the section for UTILITIES, click the PREFS button.

This will give you an opportunity to set the directory path for BiaB and for Realtracks and Realdrums.

You can't get to it from the OPTIONS - PREFS menus, only via the UTILITIES section.

This should hopefully solve your problem.

ROG.
Hi Bill,

In that "Select Folders" window, there should be a checkbox marked "Don't show this dialog box again", and checking it next time really should stop it from re-appearing.

If the checkbox isn't there, please make sure you have build 3 installed. You can get the update patch here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2017_3

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Bill Az Re: PT 2017 asking where BB is located - 11/24/17 04:33 PM
Thanks Rog and Kent. The problem seems to have cleared up. It may have been just one certain seq. file I was working with.

Thx again for help.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: PT 2017 asking where BB is located - 01/02/18 04:45 PM
Even though I've upgraded to BIAB 2018 PT still thinks I don't have a valid BIAB install.

Got rid of the message but have I lost any functionality?
Posted By: rharv Re: PT 2017 asking where BB is located - 01/02/18 09:25 PM
Things to try in PT that may be BiaB related:

1.Generate Realdrums
2.If you use the TCHelicon Harmonizer, try that feature
3.Audio Chord Wizard (ACW); if you use that, verify it works

That's all I can come up with to test it off the top of my head.

I'm assuming, by PG staff responses above, that it is just an errant message.
Important messages don't usually get an 'ignore' button option.
© PG Music Forums