PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier Standard guitar to midi - 12/28/17 12:00 PM
Is here a hardware or software solution to convert standard guitar to midi that can be used with Power Tracks?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Standard guitar to midi - 12/28/17 02:45 PM
The +++ Fishman Triple Play +++ is a well respected hardware solution and +++ MIDI Guitar 2 +++ is a well known software solution.
Posted By: Paj Re: Standard guitar to midi - 01/02/18 01:46 PM
Guitar MIDI is still the White Buffalo---but within striking distance. Soon. Don't expect a relatively inexpensive solution to be the Holy Grail. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Triple Play a few months ago but not all reviews are glowing and I, personally, didn't feel any improvement in the response over my 30-plus-year-old Ibanez X-Ing. I found the Godin-Roland system to be more responsive but I think that Fishman is one the right track and further along than most: wireless, for any guitar, any standard MIDI module, and reasonable cost. I have faith that they'll get it.

In the MLC (Misery Loves Company) department: Just wait until you go $hopping for $ound$.

Paj
8^)
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Standard guitar to midi - 01/03/18 01:50 AM
to add to what Jim said note that you can DEMO Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2, which IS POLYPHONIC, for FREE (just not most recent release) - if you don't think it will work for don't like the way it works or what you want you haven't spent a dime.

I have Roland GK2/3 guitars (played into a GR50 and GI-20 - to PC and rest of my MID gear) I have Fishman Triple Play (nice but a just a little pricey especially if you want to go wireless - that will set you back another ~200 for the FC unit when not on sale), and Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2 ($99), and a You Rock Guitar (when I got one it was relatively inexpensive - no more - but it's really not a guitar - just a fast convenient way to input MIDI via a fret board if you can't play a KEYBOARD

TRY MIDI Guitar 2 (no harm, no foul)

However, while I really like MG2 I personally would never try to GIG with MG2. I would never GIG where my main and ONLY GUITAR MIDI CONTROLLER (or ANYTHING critical to performance) depended on a PC (unless I had redundant setups)! DITTO Fishman's for same reason UNLESS I had the FC that has dedicated standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connections and even there I'd want TWO FC's!

Larry
© PG Music Forums