PG Music Home
Posted By: Leeky PT 2018 metronome - 03/16/18 08:29 PM
Using VSTi, I found that I have to use the "re-route MIDI playback to default DXi/VSTi synth" to use the metronome. Is it not possible to assign a VSTi on a track (or somewhere) that the metronome has to use? Until I'm done with a drum track, I'm stuck with a VSTi I don't want to use for a part of my work.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: PT 2018 metronome - 03/20/18 04:28 PM
Hi Leeky,

The metronome will always play through the Default VSTi/DXi Synth. You can't route it to another VSTi or DXi, as the metronome isn't part of the project, and isn't on any particular track. You can select any synth you like as the default, but you'll generally want to make sure that it's General MIDI-compatible.

Alternately, you could write the metronome notes to a MIDI track in the song, but personally I wouldn't bother.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: rharv Re: PT 2018 metronome - 03/20/18 08:31 PM
Or try the new 'Record Click Track' option.

For manual entry;
I usually just enter one measure of a side stick (or cowbell) on the default synth <grin>
Then copy/paste that measure using the Repetitions option and paste 100 measures or so.
It's pretty quick way to get a controlled click for a few minutes depending on tempo.

You can always adjust the Repetitions to be 1 or 5000+, depending on how many measures you need
Posted By: Leeky Re: PT 2018 metronome - 03/26/18 12:51 AM
Thanks Kent and rharv. Recording a click track may be the way to go.
© PG Music Forums