PG Music Home
Posted By: PunchDrummer Transpose MIDI IN - 06/18/18 04:28 PM
PowerTracksPro:

Hello, I want to transpose my incoming MIDI up two octaves before it's processed (THRU, written to track). With my granddaughter sitting on my right, I want to play some upper-register high-octave songs without hip-checking her off of the bench and onto the floor. My controller (Roland RD-300s) will transpose up or down 11, but I want the software to accept and immediately transpose up 24 before it processes it further. I know how to transpose written tracks, but that's post, I need pre.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks, and Kadence thanks you too. smile
Posted By: jford Re: Transpose MIDI IN - 06/18/18 04:56 PM
I'm not at my music workstation, but have you tried clicking the little triangle on the track to see all the options, and then entering a value of 12 or 24 in the "key" field. Just a thought. That field is supposed to be for "key transpose". Worth a try.
Posted By: rharv Re: Transpose MIDI IN - 06/18/18 09:58 PM
Saw this at Sweetwater support:

Use the following procedure to transpose the RD-300NX.

1. Press and hold the TRANSPOSE button.

2. While holding the TRANSPOSE button, use the DEC and INC buttons to transpose the keyboard in half-step increments by as many as 48 semitones up or down.

Note: To turn the Transpose feature off, press the TRANSPOSE button so it’s not lit. To return to your previous Transpose settings, press the TRANSPOSE button so it lights again—the RD-300NX remembers the Transpose setting until you power down.

Worth a shot.
© PG Music Forums