PG Music Home
Posted By: Anf Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/25/07 12:45 PM
be aware that the reverb is set to 40 on each track by default, unless for a specific effect,i wouldn't want reverb on bass guitar for instance
Posted By: Mac Re: Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/26/07 03:37 AM
I think you will find that those are for the MIDI reverb settings -- different from audio tracks -- and that the setting that comes up isn't a default set by the programs, but comes from data in the midi files.

Of course, if you load a file and then decide to hit "New" -- there stands a good chance that the settings will remain from the last file.

With Midi it is often that case that you DO want some reverb on all the instruments, even the bass, because that extra bit of ambience -- putting those synthesized or sampled patches into a virtual space -- adds a lot. Try listening to a completely dry midi or BIAB file sometime...

The two standardized Midi effects are Midi Reverb and Midi Chorus. These are a function of your midi output solution, hardware or softare, and not like a pgmusic audio plugin at all. These are controlled by Continuous Controllers in the midi data, CC91 is Reverb and CC93 is Chorus, 0 to 127XG (1 to 128GM).

--Mac
Posted By: MarioD Re: Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/26/07 02:30 PM
Mac, I believe Anf was talking about the default BiaB reverb settings.

These can be found and easily changed by going to Options/Preferences/Midi Options and clicking on Channels. Set the parameters to your liking and save. The new settings then become the default settings. Just remember that you have to do this after every upgrade as all upgrades to date have reset them.

I hope this helps Anf.
Posted By: Anf Re: Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/26/07 03:57 PM
thanks Mario And Mac
Posted By: Mac Re: Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/26/07 05:47 PM
I was indeed referring to BIAB settings.

Just wanted to avoid confusion concerning use of the Midi reverb versus the Audio track reverb plugin, which in BIAB right now will also add 'verb to a RealDrums track if, for instance you recorded an Audio track of vox or an acoustic instrument. boo.

Anf -- if you are using the Forte DXi, don't overlook the cricital Reverb settings inside the Forte control panel, some of those selections are kind of over the top IMO.

But that global setting might help you iron that out a bit if you happen to like the huge concert hall reverb selection that Forte supplies. Try the "room" setting first.

--Mac
Posted By: Anf Re: Default reverb In BIAB & PT set to 40 - 10/26/07 05:50 PM
Thanks again Mac, i should've been clearer before i posted a tip
© PG Music Forums