PG Music Home
Posted By: Bill J Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 11/08/07 02:03 AM
I like using the Juke Box feature of Biab as I like the idea of going from one song to the next quickly. I have a folder for each set with one "blank" song in the middle of the set. That way if, say, someone comes up to talk to you just before your next song starts you can use the forward or back feature in the Juke Box to scroll to the "blank" song. When they are finished talking to you, you just scroll back to the song you were about to play and off you go. Because there is no pause feature this keeps you from having to restart the Juke Box all over again.

Bill
Posted By: 1manband Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 11/08/07 03:34 AM
That's a cool idea. I did something similar on my iPod, saving a silent 10-minute "song" that I insert between the other mp3's in a set list. When I'm ready to go on to the next song, I hit the forward button and go.

How do you make a "blank" song in BIAB?

JK
Posted By: Bill J Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 11/08/07 11:57 AM
Hi JK,

Click the New Song icon, enter however many bars and repeats you want. I have 32 bars and 3 repeats for a 3 minute 18 second song. Enter any chord in the first measure and set the chord to Rest Only and thats it. I save the song as BLANK so I can see it clearly. You can also put a number behind it to put it in the middle position of your set list if you desire.
Example: 1Candle In The Wind, 2Hey Bartender, 3Feels Like Rain, 4Blank etc.

Regards,
Bill
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 11/09/07 01:30 PM
can I use that feature when my mind is "blank".
Posted By: sngnsgt Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/08/08 01:27 AM
Is there a feature in Power Tracks that allows you to 'que' the next song to have it ready to play as soon as the previous song finishes? I'd like to be able to switch quickly from one song to the next with the next song chosen and ready to go.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/08/08 10:18 AM
Sorry but you are trying to use the wrong tool. For that facility you need to use BIAB. PTPA is great for many things but this it can't.

Of course, it would be marvelous if there was just one software program that could do combined all that PTPA and BIAB can do but it would be unmanageable. Then again, it would also be nice to have a hammer that could cut wood as then you could cut your piece of wood to fit where you want to nail it in
Posted By: Mac Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/08/08 04:42 PM
rharv just informed me on another thread that there is a Jukebox function in Powertracks, under the Action menu.

You might give that a look,

--Mac
Posted By: WienSam Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/08/08 04:45 PM
Quote:

rharv just informed me on another thread that there is a Jukebox function in Powertracks, under the Action menu.

You might give that a look,

--Mac

Aha! Woo! Yes, there is! Super! Peter thinks of everything
Posted By: Mac Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/08/08 05:51 PM
Jeff.

Jeff Yankauer is the Powertracks head honcho developer.

--Mac
Posted By: WienSam Re: Tip for using the Juke Box live. - 01/09/08 06:58 PM
Well, full marks to Jeff then!

Thanks, Jeff
© PG Music Forums