PG Music Home
Posted By: Jah_Musician123 Korg D888, AMAZING - 12/02/07 02:08 AM
Hey Y'all

I used a Korg D888 Digital recorder/ mixer recently and I can tell you, this is one great tool to use either to capture a "live" vibe and bring home the wave file for further DAW editing etc or just to have for use in tandem with your software at your home digital studio set up. I love all those direct outs.....this is awesome and for $699.00, the price is indeed right. Take a look at this
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/D888--Main

I mean 8 XLR inputs to rock your world? It doesn't get better than that for the price and you talk about ease of use and the sound coming out of that thaaaang? It can operate as a regular Mixer plus an awesome stand alone digital recorder.

Lawwwwwwwd Have Merceeeee !!!! Go check this out y'all.
Posted By: J. Larry Re: Korg D888, AMAZING - 12/14/07 06:19 AM
I'm sure the D888 is a nice machine; but I'm disappointed that Korg discontinued their 16-track line. I have the first generation D16 and hoped to move up to an "improved" model with CD burner, etc... I should have jumped to the D1600 when it was available. Korg's latest 32 track is too large and bulky for my needs. Guess I'll look at Roland, Tascam, and Zoom.
Posted By: Jah_Musician123 Re: Korg D888, AMAZING - 12/15/07 03:54 PM
Greetings Larry, to you especially for the Holiday season,

Got your reply, and yes, I agree with you about the 16 track line. I mean nothing beats at least 16 tracks. My Yamaha mottif ES7 is a 16 track sequencer workstation and so are most generic synths, workstations and samplers out there from Korg, Yamaha, Roland. Would be nice to have the Korg D888 with 16 tracks. Grrrrr I guess everything has a down-side, however, have you taken a good look at that D888 and see all those direct outputs? I mean that to me is a very very awesome thing right. The Zoom HD16CD Digital Recorder/Mixer that I have also been keeping a close eye on

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/HD16CD--Main

is also pretty kweeol but doesn't have many outputs as the D888 PLUS the learning curve on the Zoom is pretty freakin steep. Well, guess what? I work with 6 singers as music director of my church and so I can set up my Mottif ES stereo into channels 1 & of the D888 and have 6 XLR inputs for each of my singers....whoaaaa and then go direct out wherever and however I need to, with regard to each separate channel whether it's a big gigg or a small gigg. See, see? In those areas and much more, The D888 reigns supreme in addition to the price, ease of use and ofcourse with a 40 Gigg hard drive, at least 15 hours of recording...............more than enough for a Michael Jackson show...........hehehehehehehe !!!!
© PG Music Forums