PG Music Home
Posted By: DerWikinger free biab files & midi files - 12/27/10 03:00 AM
http://sgmidisoundtracks.homestead.com/SGMidiTracks.html

http://www.sjtunstall.net/music.htm
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 04:32 AM
I don't recommend clicking on these links until we get to know this poster.
Posted By: John Conley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 12:39 PM
I used my linux box to go there and it all says Southern Gospel with stuff like "I've got a mansion" etc. Looked like a Southern revival tent collection. In that linux is not going to play biab files I left it as that.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 02:24 PM
I figured it was probably another violation of the 'John Ford Law of First Posters'.

So, they are not selling anything?
Posted By: John Conley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 03:25 PM
Not that I saw.

The first posters I like the best start out with a slam of the software on post #1.

As I may have implied, it's often hard to return your shiny new version of Band in a Box to pirate bay, and get the 0$ refund.

When someone stomps their feet when I know full well live help is available and they have to know now how much space it takes to install something and after a few days they get demanding I become pretty sure they don't have a legal version. And I try and not reply, unless I decide to use the half of the wit I learned.
Posted By: jford Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 03:28 PM
Well, the rule isn't 100%; however, even if they are not selling anything, It can still drive up hits to the site, from which ad revenue can be generated. I didn't click on it; I've found too many other sources of MIDI and BIAB files, so much so that it's more than I can even listen to in a lifetime.
Posted By: John Conley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 03:29 PM
Yeah, you are safe on those sites, one is some 'standards' in biab format from an Englishman, the other is Southern 'gospel', both have props to Band in a Box.

My locked down ubuntu browser made no complaints, I don't do very much internet from Windows7 on the media computer. Besides it's downstairs and I hate stairs.
Posted By: occ Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 03:45 PM
I've been going to David's Southern Gospel site for years!! Found some useful midi tracks. occ
Posted By: jford Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 03:58 PM
I still don't like the idea of drive-by posting of just links without any other interaction and further comment.
Posted By: John Conley Re: free biab files & midi files - 12/28/10 04:03 PM
I agree, see my post about thieves/registered users.
© PG Music Forums