PG Music Home
Hej, Jeg sidder og vil gerne bearbejde et akkompagnement der er lavet på nodesystemet Primus. Dette kan exportere i XML fil, og den vil jeg så arbejse videre med i BiBo. Er der nogle der har et godt tips?
Nodeprogrammet kan også eksprotere i MIDI, men jeg ved ikke om jeg gør noget forkert, for det fungerer ikke som jeg gerne vil... importerer mine akkorder samt mine noder...
Hello. Google Translate says that your post is asking if you can export from some other software into BIAB by XML. No. At this time, XML is not supported by BIAB.

I think you also said your software can export a MIDI file and you want to import the chords and music into BIAB. Yes, you can import any MIDI notes into BIAB but no, unfortunately, the MIDI standard does not support chords.

BIAB does have a function called Audio Chord Wizard that can help you guess what the chords are. If you already know them, you can just enter them into BIAB on top of the MIDI notes you import.

Live long and prosper, Matt.
Wayne,
Hi Wayne. Thanks. Can you read Danish, and did I get this one right?
Hi, Matt -

Based on being half Norwegian (well, it's been a long time), you got it pretty close. The Norwegian and Danish written language is pretty close. I find I can read Danish, but not so much Swedish; but I can often understand a spoken Swedish, but not spoken Danish.

My translation (from memory, so I imagine I'll get a bunch wrong) is:

Hej, Jeg sidder og vil gerne bearbejde et akkompagnement der er lavet på nodesystemet Primus. Dette kan exportere i XML fil, og den vil jeg så arbejse videre med i BiBo. Er der nogle der har et godt tips?
Nodeprogrammet kan også eksprotere i MIDI, men jeg ved ikke om jeg gør noget forkert, for det fungerer ikke som jeg gerne vil... importerer mine akkorder samt mine noder...

"Hey, I am sitting and would like to make an accompaniment that was created in the notation program Primus. It can export in XML file format, and I would like to take that and work with it further in BIAB. Are there some good tips there? The notation program can also export in MIDI, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, because it doesn't function like I want it to - to import my chords along with my notes."

I got the sense that he wants to export from his notation program into BIAB with both chords and notes, so your answer is correct; however, if the notation is chordal in nature, the BIAB can figure out the chords based on the MIDI input.

I love his moniker: Verdens Mindste Big Band

That's translated to the "World's Smallest Big Band".
By the way, PriMus is a notation program I had not heard of. It looks like it's a German program. They have a button for English on their web site Columbus Soft, but only parts are in English. Looks like they have two versions - PriMus Classic (169 Euros) and PriMus (349 Euros).
Thanks, John. I didn't want to comment on Primus.

I also love his name. Very creative.
Jford

Your translation is very accurate !

Jan
Thanks, Jan - don't know if I'll always get it right, but I figure I might as well try. Hopefully it will help someone.
© PG Music Forums