PG Music Home
Posted By: rharv Trying to find the right realtrack - 07/20/11 04:12 PM
This is one reason I prefer RB; it is easy to highlite just a section of the song, generate a real track to try it, if you don't like it just 'edit-undo' and try another one. Trying small sections (like one verse) speeds up the generation time and lets me try more selections in less time.

Posted here to appease Matt ...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 07/20/11 04:59 PM
And a very good idea it is (yours, not appeasing me).
Posted By: rharv Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 07/20/11 06:25 PM
Didn't want the blame.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 07/23/11 11:09 AM
Why hit undo ? I posted a song Smooth Ride with bass regenerated as much as 3 times in a single bar to make some space for other instruments . I started with a whole generation of it went back and cut holes where I didn't want bass and regenerated as needed ,sometimes as little as 1 beat. Whatsa no carrotsa with appease ?
Posted By: rharv Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 07/23/11 02:33 PM
Yes, you can just generate over it again, but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit.
Posted By: acebone Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 08/05/11 10:12 AM
Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?
Posted By: acebone Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 08/05/11 10:13 AM
Ah - RealBand - not BIAB, sry ...
Posted By: rharv Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 08/05/11 11:08 AM
I think BiaB does this now also
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 08/05/11 05:37 PM
Quote:

Pray, how do you regenerate selected bars only?

Using your mouse, hold the left button down, swipe the bars you want to regen, and then right click the track and the action you want is toward the bottom. Know that only from regenerating a solo 10 times until I got what I liked.

Alternatively you can create more tracks with the same Real Track, create several segments, and then cut and paste them together with one from column A and one from column B until you get what you want. I did that with a guitar solo and it ended up being almost what I would have told the guy to play if he was in my studio.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 08/06/11 05:11 AM
Look at you Mr Eddie, you get the thing goin' now.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/05/11 02:19 AM
"....but if I *know* it's not what I want I just undo out of habit."

Me too.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/05/11 03:36 AM
I have gotten some very interesting results by regenerating many different choices and not only cutting and pasting but playing 2 or more of them at the same time at different levels. On one song I have two pedal steel tracks and a fiddle, and playing them all at the same time created a very happy accident where all three tracks did did a short gliss that ended up sounding like smooth pitch bend event that slid into a perfect triad.

Now the other shoe. I have had HORRENDOUS results doing that too. All trial and error. Play with volumes, fades, etc.

So bottom line is that the right real track may be a compilation of several.
Posted By: furry Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/15/11 05:04 PM
For country lovers try playing with twin fiddles, results can ve awesome
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/15/11 11:01 PM
What is rough is when I get something I love that I know cannot be replicated in a live situation without 2 pedal steel players and 3 fiddlers.... LOL!!
Posted By: rharv Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/18/11 09:27 PM
That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/20/11 03:44 AM
Quote:

That's when you pretend you are doing it all with your ebow (sorry, couldn't resist)

riddle:
how is the following sentence like a Christmas carol?

"can you touch your nose to your ebow...?"

answer:

No "L"
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/20/11 05:23 AM
Funny, but no longer as good a joke, since now there is such a thing as an "ebow" (and you could touch your nose to it). This link is for guitarists:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufact...CFYt-5QodrkkusA
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/20/11 09:24 AM
I am probably going to buy one of those just to play with it. The thread I started about the ebow has piqued my curiosity about how it actually works. Mac had some insights about the electromagnetic field it generates and now I need to know.

I just want to know if I buy it on eBay, does that makes it an eBay eBow?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 11/20/11 02:17 PM
And if you play the sixth, is that note an Ebola?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 12/19/11 05:19 PM
No more than if you set it on your leg is it an ebony....
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 12/20/11 02:08 PM
There once was a man from Nantucket
On Guitar he could no longer pluck it
So He dropped all his dough
and bought an ebow
Still stunk on guitar ,who'd a thunk it
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Trying to find the right realtrack - 12/26/11 04:33 PM
If you play all night and sing along you might need a E---cola!
© PG Music Forums