PG Music Home
Posted By: Goodguy6 BIAB File Extensions - 02/21/12 05:04 PM
So I load a song with the Song Picker, and it has an extension like .MG9. I change the style to a recent one and try to save the song, which now has the extension .MGU. This seems to confuse the Song Picker, which tries to save the song in a different folder. To avoid this, can I simply rename ALL the songs to a ".?GU" extension, so the filename isn't changed when they're saved? I don't want to have to rebuild the song list after every edit!

Using BIAB 2008-5.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB File Extensions - 02/21/12 08:00 PM
I just downloaded this Windows Right Click extension utility and it seems to accomplish what you are trying to do:

Windows Change File Extension Shell Menu

After installing the program, just highlight all the files that you want to change in Windows File Explorer, right click, and select "Change File Extension".

I'm sure there are others, but this one seems to accomplish what you are looking to do. If in doubt, back everything up to a different folder or different drive first.

Oh, and questions like this should really go in the BIAB forum. This is for people to post their tips and tricks, not ask how to. Of course, I guess my response qualifies as a tip/trick, but you get the point.
Posted By: Goodguy6 Re: BIAB File Extensions - 02/22/12 12:17 AM
Thanks. I'll ask in the BIAB forum.
© PG Music Forums