PG Music Home
Posted By: marvin intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 12:10 AM
can not get it to do it the right way/ e mail me at kneelever@centurylink.net
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 12:42 AM
Hi Marvin. I have no idea what this request means. Are you talking about BIAB substyle A, and RealTracks numbers?

Whatever it is, your post should probably be somewhere else. This Tips & Tricks forum is for giving general tips, not requesting help, and you will get much better readership if you find the right forum. Perhaps BIAB for Windows?

And here's a tip: it's not a wise idea to post an email address on a public forum unless you like spam. We have a PM (private message) system here. Click on someone's user name (look left) and you'll see.
Posted By: marvin Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 02:26 AM
i am talking in biab. or how you can do it to make intros of songs , or dont know how to do it in real tracks , had one person send me one but it was in real band and i could not get it to play
Posted By: marvin Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 12:16 PM
it seems that noone knows what i am talking about here / it is simply a a bar of c/ abar of g/ two more bars of c) after the intro you start playing your song, i do not think biab can do this , if it can i wish someone on the forum would tell me how?
Posted By: Tommyc Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 12:51 PM
Do you mean you want to increase the number of bars on the intro?
Posted By: jford Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 04:45 PM
Just click on the intro button, which will let you insert 2, 4, or 8 bars at the beginning of the song. In your case, choose 4. Look at the other settings. Then once it's done, either keep the intro it suggests, or just replace the chords with C G C C (or as appropriate for whatever key you are in).

Hope that helped.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 05:50 PM
Since we're staying on this forum for this question, perhaps this will help. I received this personal email from Marvin in response to my suggestion to use the private messaging.

MY QUESTION IS , THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE BIAB A 1511 IS ONE BAR {C_ONE BAR OF (G TWO MORE BARS OF { C AS THE INTRO( WHEN YOU PUT THEM IN THAT ORDER IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A 1511 > WHICH WOULD BE AN INTRO TO A SONG . PERIOD/ DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE NASHVILLE NUMBER SYSTEM ? MARVIN, PS I HAD ANDR5 BOSS THAT I SOLD TO GET THIS PROGRAM , I COULD MAKE ANY KIND OF INTRO OR SONG THAT YOU WANTED.

I don't use it, but I know what the Nashville system is, and now we know that is what Marvin was asking about. I am not familiar with ANDR5 BOSS, so perhaps someone who is will be able to put his question into context.
Posted By: pinglis Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/28/12 11:39 PM
I do know the Nashville number system (aka Nashville notation) and even I was a little baffled

But the answer is that BIAB can do most anything you want. If an auto-generated intro is not what require then enter the chords you want and get the resulting arrangement for the intro. 1 5 1 1, 1 1 5 5, 1 4 5 1, 1 2- 5 6-, you name it and you've got it!

--Paul--
Posted By: Noel96 Re: intro a 1511 or 1155 - 02/29/12 06:37 AM
Marvin,

If it helps, it's possible to enter chords into BIAB using the Nashville system. Simply click on the blue Roman numeral II shown in the below image with a red cross beside it. Eventually the "Nashville Notation" option will pop up.

Below is the intro chord progression that you mention.

Hope this information is useful,
Noel
© PG Music Forums