PG Music Home
I am posting this question now in the Correct spot

Anyone have some cool bib tricks that are not documented that you use while making songs/practicing?
Well for practicing the coolest feature of BiaB IMHO is the blues jam folders (c:\bb\bluesjamc and c:\bb\bluesjamf). They are standard variations on 12 bar blues played in a number of different styles.

Most are 10-12 choruses long so they suit jamming perfectly. Not only are they perfect for jamming but they'll teach you a lot about blues progressions and how blues influenced so many other genres.

When (if) you get tired of jamming to them the way they are originally created you can experiment with different styles, add RealDrums and RealTracks even generate melodies. I haven't even scratched the surface with the blues jams yet.

The next best 'feature' is the demo folders. There are dozens of great tunes to play along with or modify. Don't overlook the Drums - Demos and RealTracks - Demos either. True riches....
One of the most useful tools for me, as a singer-songwriter, is the Vocal Wizard. I have my vocal range already set in it and it not only advises me as to what would be the best key for me to sing the song in but will also transpose the entire arrangement into that key if I want.

The second most useful tool is the Re-Harmonist. If I don't like the chordal progression, this suggests very useful alternatives.

Another useful tool is the Audio Chord Wizard and then there's ... and then ... and then ...

Oh! NOT documented! Hmm, my EARS! Second to that? The forum's ears

And the beat goes on
© PG Music Forums