PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Count in options - 07/23/14 07:09 PM
Go to options/preferences/count-in-Met. and check Allow lead-in bars, smart lead-in and any other option that you may want. Now in the lead-in type click on the down arrow and pick the lead in style that you would like. Note this works for 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Count in options - 07/26/14 09:28 AM
Hi Mario
Thanks for the tip.

One problem I have is that if a song has mix of say, 4/4 and 3/4 bars, it has to be set to a time signature of 4/4 and then use F5 to change beats-per-bar where required. However, if the song starts in 3/4, the count in is still 4/4. Very unexpectedly 'off-putting'.

Do you know any way to overcome this? (I put in a wish-list request a long time ago.)

Thanks
Trevor
Posted By: MarioD Re: Count in options - 07/26/14 01:49 PM
Hi Trevor,

The method that I described works for 3/4 and 4/4 regardless of any time signature changes that occur later on. I just experimented with a song that starts in 3/4 then 8 bars later went to 4/4. I tried a number of different MIDI styles for both time signatures and every time the count in was in 3/4 time.

I also tried RTs and RDs using the same song as I did above. Again I got a 3/4 count in. The problem that I did have is the RTs and RDs did not change to 4/4 time regardless of what I did. I do not know if this is a problem with BiaB or my inexperience with RTs and RDs, but it most likely is my inexperience.

I hope this helps.

PS - I am using the latest 2014 BiaB build.
© PG Music Forums