PG Music Home
Posted By: bobbyt9999 DX/VST - 03/09/09 07:27 PM
I'm in the process of downloading my new "ultraPac" software. Man... is it ever big!!! I was reading about RealBand and they mention that I can add "DX/VST" effects to my tracks. My question is, what is DX/VST? Does it come with the software? If not, where do I get it. So sorry for all the "newbie" questions...

Bobby
Posted By: jazzband Re: DX/VST - 03/09/09 08:37 PM
Hi

instead of using a soundcard or hardware to play your midi you can use software synths which are either VSTi or DXi these come in all shapes and sizes and Free and Expensive

regards Dave Hoskins
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: DX/VST - 03/09/09 10:35 PM
FYI... I gave up trying to download my purchase - the UltraPak - it's just too big. I've been sitting here all afternoon trying to get it - and only got about 1/3 of the files. I'm going to wait until it gets here in the mail.

I'm still totally lost about "DX/VST"... all I want to do is to be able to put some effects - reverb, etc - on my voice and guitar when I start recording them. Is there a specific site where I can get them? What should I be looking for when I get there?

Thanks for the help... I'm sure I'll be back for more once I get the software.

Bobby

bobbyt9999@yahoo.ca
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: DX/VST - 03/13/09 02:17 AM
Welcome to the forum, Bobby. You'll want to post these questions in the RealBand forum, rather than here, to get better results.
© PG Music Forums