PG Music Home
ON THE MAC!: I managed to to output the midi tracks to the VST sounds, but how do I then save (export) the sound that's coming from the Sampletank VST? If I merely click the usual Audio button to export the song the usual way, it reverts to using the DSL sounds for the midi tracks, which is not what I want!

Anyone cracked this?
Something to try.

Solo the UserTracks then use an audio recording program such as Audacity to record what you hear during playback.
Never tried Audacity but it's worth a shot, thanks
Hitting a bit of a snag here: Audacity now installed but I'm struggling to figure out how I can make it record a sound that's coming from within the computer (as opposed to some external source). Any ideas? confused
You'll need help from a Mac OS person for that. Investigate how your Core Audio settings work in relation with each other. In Windows there are audio control panel settings you can enable to create an internal bridge.
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
You'll need help from a Mac OS person for that.
Not to be rude, but well yes, I rather knew that going in wink
I don't know what the Mac interface looks like, but this is where to set the input on the Windows version:

Attached picture 2015-04-01_01-00-42.jpg
The interface looks the same, the options to pick from are not.

Right, that's two inputs now from PC users to a clearly indicated MAC issue - where are my people in this whole forum?! smirk
Windows users sometimes try to help Mac users because there are many more active Windows forum members than active Mac forum members.

I was aware this was a Mac specific question when I responded. I expected you to either say you changed a core audio setting and solved the issue or a screenshot of your settings. I'm sorry my suggestion was of no help to you.
Windows users sometimes try to help Mac users because there are many more active Windows forum members than active Mac forum members.
Yes, I realise that, and that's the whole point, innit. I mean, even the Mac specific forum (where perhaps I should've placed this to begin with) seems half dead most of the time. I just don't quite understand why that is, and it can get frustrating when you got an unresolved issue, sometimes for days, mainly due to the lack of active participation of your alleged 'peers'!

But none of this is your fault, my little outburst there was aimed at said peers, not you smile

I was aware this was a Mac specific question when I responded. I expected you to either say you changed a core audio setting and solved the issue or a screenshot of your settings. I'm sorry my suggestion was of no help to you.
Two points on this: I completely missed any such screen sharing hints in that response and the issue remains quite unsolved. And point two: You suggested the idea of finding other programs that might work in my favour, so in that sense at least you did help cool
OSX doesn't have the ability to record system audio built-in, but there are (additional) software that enables it. This article should help:

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_mac.html

Hope it works for you!

/Björn
This looks very promising, thank you! cool
And just to close the subject: "Soundflower" is the way to go, for any & all future references.
Problem solved cool
Thanks to Bjorn Beskow for his suggestion. Icelander, thanks for letting everyone know the issue is resolved. This thread might help other Mac users.
Absolutely!
© PG Music Forums