PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock Solid State Symphony - 08/19/15 12:55 AM
Solid State Symphony is an orchestral simulation that also includes automated features like a Gated Pad, 2 sequencer-controlled pitch-modulated synth elements, our often disturbing Padscapes, and simple bass and percussion elements.

The orchestra sounds were modeled using analogue synth waveforms for a rich and warm sound.

A new make-over has given this unique library a clean look, with a mixing board to control the orchestra's sections, from level to velocity and key range limits, and transposition.

Solid State Symphony is meant to be played in real time, reacting to your touch by bringing in different layers and automated effects at different key velocities, and is great for sketching out ideas. Use it with other orchestral libraries to add richness and power.

The animated Orchestra Display gives you immediate feedback about which layers are playing, which is helpful when setting the velocity controls to fit your style. Plus, to be honest, it is just fun to watch while you play.

Whether you write orchestral, prog, pop, or hip hop, please have a look at Solid State Symphony.

http://www.indiginus.com/solidstatehome.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mO1GdkEZTI

Posted By: MarioD Re: Solid State Symphony - 08/19/15 10:14 AM
If you have the full version of Kontakt this is a no brainer at $59 USD IMHO. You can use either a usable full orchestra or just the string section for backing tracks. There are no solo instruments here.

I had this program since it first came out. It is used in many of my songs.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Solid State Symphony - 08/20/15 12:39 AM
I don't currently have it, but it is pretty impressive!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Solid State Symphony - 08/20/15 10:07 AM
Very impressive indeed! But, I'm confused...they also talk about Solid State Strings...is this included, is it an add-on, will there be Solid State Brass and more?

Looking through their YouTube channel, they have some great demos of their other products...equally impressive...love that acoustic guitar package. And the price is right!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Solid State Symphony - 08/20/15 10:48 AM
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Very impressive indeed! But, I'm confused...they also talk about Solid State Strings...is this included, is it an add-on, will there be Solid State Brass and more?

Looking through their YouTube channel, they have some great demos of their other products...equally impressive...love that acoustic guitar package. And the price is right!

Solid State Strings comes with the program. It is the orchestra strings only.

I don't know if there will be separate Solid State Brass but brass and woodwinds are included in this software. The program is velocity sensitive. That is a soft touch yields only the strings and harder touch yields strings, brass and woodwinds. The velocity ranges are adjustable and very sensitive so there are varying degrees of strings only and of the full orchestra.
Posted By: Paj Re: Solid State Symphony - 02/12/16 03:27 PM
This really is a VERY useful orchestral instrument. I would have saved a lot of money if I had come across this first but, even though this thing sounds great by itself (not a stand-alone---you need a full version [not player] of Kontakt), combined it easily makes virtually anything else sound better or spectacular. I have no problem recommending this---especially for the price. If somebody knows of anything that beats this for the price, versatility, and ease of use, please share the info!

Paj
8^)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Solid State Symphony - 02/12/16 05:36 PM
I listened to the video demo. I understand it is meant to be played in real time. For me, that will never happen (on a keyboard), but will this play a written MIDI score?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Solid State Symphony - 02/12/16 05:46 PM
SSS is my go to when I want a synth orchestra. I have used this is many of my songs, especially my new age/ambient songs.

Yes Matt this will play from a MIDI track. You do not need to play live to use this.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Solid State Symphony - 06/08/16 09:12 PM
Hi Mario, I just saw this post. Went to the web site and it says that it comes with the full version of Kontakt 4, Im assuming that it is enough to run the program, right?

Thanks

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Solid State Symphony - 06/08/16 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Mario, I just saw this post. Went to the web site and it says that it comes with the full version of Kontakt 4, Im assuming that it is enough to run the program, right?

Thanks

Mike B.

No it says that it requires Kontakt 4 or 5:
http://www.indiginus.com/solidstatehome.html

It does not come with any version of Kontakt.

It also states that it is not compatible with the free Kontakt player.
Posted By: dga Re: Solid State Symphony - 06/08/16 11:06 PM
This sounds so great, why am I wasting my time with just 6 strings.
© PG Music Forums