PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Acoustic drum plugin - 09/13/15 10:34 PM
Hi, just wanted to post this link to an acoustic drum plugin from Germany named Drumica. Pretty good for a free VST, very good mixer and control of the kit that rivals a pay drum VST. Only draw back is that all the instructions and everything is in German language, but the registration and all that is pretty much standard. I speak no German and did it so it must not be very difficult.
http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica

Mike B.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/16/15 12:16 AM
Thanks Mike for Drum Mic, good find !

SR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2TuymOIBBE
Posted By: solidrock Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/16/15 09:32 PM
Thanks again Mike smile
Works in RB good:
Load DrumMic'a! V1_0 en.nki in Kontakt or Free Kontakt Player Uncheck Ext Sync and set tempo,
set midi in to midi ch or omni (DrumMicA comes with the Free Kontakt Player if you don't have Kontakt)
Set Snapping in RB
Double click Beats to preview in player then drag from player to RB/DAW

You can add your own Beats to the DrumMicA Beats Library "Midi Files" folder

You can use this NAudio_MIDI_File_Converter.zip to convert any Midi Type 0 to Type 1 (Type 0 drag in crashes RB)
and can use http://midifilemapper.codeplex.com/ to remap to GM if need be, before adding to the DrumMicA Beats Library folder.

Posted By: sslechta Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/17/15 09:21 PM
Hey Mike, where are you seeing the German instructions?

I was able to choose "English" version from the plugin launch on the Kontakt player that comes with it.

EN is English one.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/18/15 09:14 PM
Steve, I was referring to the installation bit, unless I missed something (which is not rare) Once it is installed yes, I guess you pick whichever. Thanks SR for all the detailed instructions, very good indeed.

Mike B.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/21/15 10:23 AM
I have that one for quite some time, also triggered by an information on this forum -- I believe.

The download and registration pages are on the German site, while after registration the software has also English as a language option.

(I just looked and didn't find the download on the English pages.)
Posted By: caplive Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/22/15 02:46 PM
I downloaded Drummica and it sounds pretty good. Is there a way to save the sequence with Drummica and its settings on a song with Powertracks.
When I use MT Power Drummer I just select file / save and it brings up the sequence with MT Power Drummer and the settings for that song.
When I do that with Drummica it does not work. Any ideas?
Posted By: solidrock Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/22/15 11:16 PM
Is this what you tried ?

1. PRESETS
DrumMic’a! features 30 factory presets at time of delivery, that can be
switched by using the arrow buttuns beside the display. Parameter changes
of a user preset are indicated by the green light above the display. By
using the LOAD / SAVE dialogue you can also save your own settings as
user presets or load others externally.

Posted By: caplive Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/23/15 04:44 PM
What I have is many song sequences on Powertracks with established midi drum tracks. I just want to use the Drummica sounds.
I open an song, right click on the track with the midi drums and select: "specific vsti / dxi synth for midi track"
Then, select Drummica. After that I play the song with drummica and adjust the levels.
Now, I would like to save the song in powertracks so it will play with drummica for the future.
I have tried to 'save as' in Powertracks: song name w/drummica. When I call it up it still has the old drum settings.
Any ideas?
Posted By: jford Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/23/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
I have tried to 'save as' in Powertracks: song name w/drummica. When I call it up it still has the old drum settings.

Are you saving your song as a MIDI file or a Power Tracks SEQ file?
Posted By: caplive Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/23/15 06:41 PM
John, I believe as a midi file.
Thanks, Dennis
Posted By: solidrock Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/23/15 07:04 PM
As John said you need to save as SEQ
Posted By: caplive Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/23/15 07:15 PM
Saved as a SEQ and it worked like a charm, thanks guys
Posted By: jford Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 09/25/15 03:48 PM
The SEQ file is the file format used by PowerTracks (and RealBand) to captures all the track related information for the song you are working on. A MIDI file doesn't know anything about softsynths and effects; it only knows about the notes used, tempo, note start/stop times, their velocities, their assigned channels, assigned instrument names (not what is used to play them), and lyrics - well a few more things, but nothing related to tracks and effects. For that, you need the SEQ file. That's why every DAW uses has its own proprietary file format to be able to capture all the other track-related information. Additionally, the SEQ file can save information about a mix of audio and MIDI data.

Hmmmm, maybe one day we'll have a MusicXML-type format for DAW's.
Posted By: josnza Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 08/05/20 01:21 PM
-
.Thanks for the Drummica suggestion. it sounds great,
Any idea how to get it off demo mode?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Acoustic drum plugin - 08/05/20 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: josnza
-
.Thanks for the Drummica suggestion. it sounds great,
Any idea how to get it off demo mode?
Yes! See +++ HERE +++ You will need the full version of Kontakt.
Quote:
... We decided to offer DrumMic’a! as free 3rd party library for KONTAKT to our fans. This means that existing DrumMic’a! installations can be used without limitations, but new installations will include a non-removable time-out for the Instrument when loaded in the KONTAKT PLAYER* freeware. This limit is not applied in the full version of KONTAKT.
© PG Music Forums