PG Music Home
Posted By: Noel96 Saving Realtracks to a midi file - 12/04/15 07:35 PM
The first thing to appreciate about Realtracks is that they are audio. Because of this, they do not easily save as midi unless software that interprets audio pitch is used; for example Melodyne.

The above being said, a number of Realtracks have Realcharts associated with them. These Realcharts are a midi-based transcription of a Realtrack generation. These can be saved to a midi file.

To do this...

Open "Preferences | Realtracks" and activate "Save Realcharts in midi files".

Now when a song is generated, if it contains Realtracks and those Realtracks have Realcharts associated with them, the data can be saved as a midi file.

The below pdf lists all the Realtracks. I've sorted it by Set # so that you can see the latest sets. (Because the file is 18 megabytes, it might pay to right-click on it and save it to your hard drive - rather than left-click to open it.)

2016 Realtrack list showing Realcharts (18 MB)

The above pdf can be used as a cross-reference when looking to see which tracks have charts.
Posted By: BigWhirl2012 Re: Saving Realtracks to a midi file - 12/28/15 10:54 PM
Excellent tip! Thanks! There were a few times in a session last year where I wanted to use a piano RT but the track wasn't quite as clean as it should have been since it wasn't stretched very much at all and it still gave me fits with artifacts. I'd love to have had a MIDI file of the performance at the time. It would have saved me a lot of copy and paste work, not to mention it would have been more musical.
© PG Music Forums