PG Music Home
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Joseph's secret trick! - 08/13/16 09:37 PM
Hello PG Music Forums!

Today I have a great tip I want to share with you in Band-in-a-Box. It comes up a fair bit during technical support hours and I figured I would share this simple trick that resolves a reasonable amount of issues.

Sometimes when working on projects it is quite common for settings to be changed and forgotten about, which can cause some undesirable behavior in your session. If you ever encounter this, you can use a simple feature called "Return to Factory settings" Found under Options>Return to Factory settings. Then you want to select "Most". Before it changes it will ask you to save a backup, so you can always revert back to your previous settings. You can view a screenshot of the feature here: http://imgur.com/a/X7dtw

Hope this helps! cool
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Joseph's secret trick! - 08/14/16 09:41 AM
Thanks Joseph

And Welcome to the Forum!
Posted By: w Re: Joseph's secret trick! - 08/27/16 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Joseph -PG Music

Hope this helps! cool

Indeed, cool.

That is a great share.

There are so many fantastic features in Mac's 2016 BinaB that to some extent they are rather overwhelming. So for me it's very helpful when you post a heads up info. And of course the screen shot shows what to look for.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Joseph's secret trick! - 09/09/16 06:36 PM
You're welcome!

Another great trick is if you ever run Band-in-a-Box and you come across error messages that say "Access violation" try running the program with admin privileges

In the Band-in-a-Box folder (C:\Band-in-a-Box), right-click on bbw.exe and select Properties. In the window that appears, click on the Compatibility tab, check the box marked "Run this program as an administrator", and click Ok.
© PG Music Forums